Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd join this forum as everyone is a massive fountain of knowledge. My question is that I'm looking at purchasing the Cooper D but I'm stuck on the transmission aspect and whether to go with an automatic or manual transmission. The thing is it bumps up the price of the cooper d from $38,650 to $41,070 which basically means I have to forfeit one of the packages I would like.

Pros and cons of automatic and if its worth getting rid of one of the packages for?

·
Registered
174 Posts
No choice for me -auto. Simply lets you drive more relaxed and also quicker when pressing on. As for those who say they want to be in control, you wouldn't delete electric steering or power windows for better feel. In 10 years even Europe will be dominated by auto's - more efficient and better to drive.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
It's a personal choice.....you probably already know what you prefer! It depends on where you drive, your family situation - if others drive it as well, and cost. If cost is the only consideration though, I'd get the manual & enjoy more package options,

·
Registered
200 Posts
My MCS 2015 was manual. My Jcw 2016 is an auto. Take both out for a test drive. You might be surprised at the auto capabilities. Ain't your minivan auto transmission. But full disclaimer I've only ever driven the sport auto not regular.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I dont think you csn compare the mcs sport auto with a cooper d with the non-sport though. Only way you can know for sure if its for you is to drive one. I would question the choice of diesel, assuming you are in the US I wouldn't have thought that was an obvious choice?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts