Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear everyone,

I'm looking for a set of OEM LED DRLs for halogen headlight-equipped Minis, part number 63122361243. They have seemingly been taken out of production, so would appreciate any leads. Second hand is OK as well.

·
Premium Member
2016 F54 BMW Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
591 Posts
You could do what I'm doing, and just get the LED drl/fog units off a production model.

There are different part numbers. I have these to fit:
Font Circle Auto part Brand Rim

I believe these are the parts I have, but I could be wrong.

You can buy from www.lllparts.co.uk or www.hubauer-shop.de if you like. Try the retrofit kit part number too.

I think these are the parts I have.
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You could do what I'm doing, and just get the LED drl/fog units off a production model.

There are different part numbers. I have these to fit:
View attachment 74752

I believe these are the parts I have, but I could be wrong.

You can buy from www.lllparts.co.uk or www.hubauer-shop.de if you like. Try the retrofit kit part number too.

I think these are the parts I have.
View attachment 74753
Thanks for the tip. Have you already made it work, and if yes, how?

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Thanks for the tip. Have you already made it work, and if yes, how?
Not yet.

Halogen DRLs have 6 wires, 3 supply and 3 ground.
The LEDs have 4 (you MUST get the ones for cars with halogen headlights, otherwise the DRL is in the headlight), 3 power and 1 ground.

What I plan to do is simply tape up the 2 smallest ground wires and splice the remaining 4 wires onto a plug that will fit the new unit (my used ones came with the pigtails attached ;) )

I don't think any wiring is changed at the BDC, but if it is I will repin accordingly.

Then it should just be a matter of coding out "520 Fog Lights" and coding in "5A1 LED fog lights" in the FA/VO.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not yet.

Halogen DRLs have 6 wires, 3 supply and 3 ground.
The LEDs have 4 (you MUST get the ones for cars with halogen headlights, otherwise the DRL is in the headlight), 3 power and 1 ground.

What I plan to do is simply tape up the 2 smallest ground wires and splice the remaining 4 wires onto a plug that will fit the new unit (my used ones came with the pigtails attached ;) )

I don't think any wiring is changed at the BDC, but if it is I will repin accordingly.

Then it should just be a matter of coding out "520 Fog Lights" and coding in "5A1 LED fog lights" in the FA/VO.
Hey, did you get this installed and working? Interested to hear?

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts