Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am considering changing wheels on my 2015 F55 Cooper S. It is volcanic orange with a black roof and currently black factory cosmos wheels. Looking for something different, given the colour of the car I am leaning towards black wheels again (although personally not a fan of black wheels) or a dark gun metal. Would love any ideas you guys might have and if anyone is running silver wheels on and orange/black mini would love to see them to see how it looks. Also where are people going these days for alloys? I have been browsing on Deamon Tweaks and Wheel Base.

Look forward to your ideas.

Cheers.

·
Registered
F54 Clubman S All 4
63 Posts
I have a set of AC Schnitzers. I love the color of the anthracite, although they have them in 2 tone which is a nice mix to call back the black on your roof. The anthracite has a hint of bronze in there which is a really nice tone to complement volcanic orange. They are only available in 19” which makes for a rough ride with runflats (which i never experienced)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@ImaginativeTruth - Not seen those before, seem pretty hard to come by on ebay etc. Is this a new design?

@Jeheh Interesting Don't suppose you have pictures of how that looks on yours? Yeah increasing size from 17 puts me off as the ride in the Cooper S is pretty rough as it is ;) I might be spoiled though as my 530e is like a cloud in comparison.

Been looking at MSW (by OZ) 85's in the gunmetal, looks a nice wheel. ET seems a little different than the stock Mini fitment (45 on the MSW's and 54 on the Mini Cosmos I believe) not sure if it will make much difference though. Both on 7J.

·
Registered
F54 Clubman S All 4
63 Posts
I have a clubman, but you’ll get the idea. My stock wheels (and winter set up) is 18” oem masterpiece with runflats, it’s jarring over bumps. The 19’s on Michelin a/s 3+ is much smoother.

I added mine and what yours may look like with the 2 tone version.

Attachments

·
Registered
F54 Clubman S All 4
63 Posts
@Jeheh That looks fantastic. Really suits the car and fills the arches nicely. :)
Thanks! It’s lowered on Schnitzer springs, which cleaned up the gap. It’s not too low or too rough. We’ll see next winter how it works out!

·
Registered
116 Posts
If you wanted to stick to 17 inch - there is a stupid deal currently from a supplier in Germany for a full set of new 4 JCW track wheels, RFT tyres and sensors for 720EUR (about 620£). Even with import charges thats still a great deal I reckon.

The Ferric 534 18 inch wheel is not new, but its not common in the UK, it also comes in a dark grey finish. They are very hard to come by, usually available from French or German suppliers, but about 2kEUR incl tyres (RFT) - have seen them for 1600EUR from time to time. If you're interested I can have a look about.

Tony in Alloy Wheels Direct is super knowledgeable and can source most wheels and tyre combos for the car. I bought my cup spokes from him with the PS4 fitted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you wanted to stick to 17 inch - there is a stupid deal currently from a supplier in Germany for a full set of new 4 JCW track wheels, RFT tyres and sensors for 720EUR (about 620£). Even with import charges thats still a great deal I reckon.

The Ferric 534 18 inch wheel is not new, but its not common in the UK, it also comes in a dark grey finish. They are very hard to come by, usually available from French or German suppliers, but about 2kEUR incl tyres (RFT) - have seen them for 1600EUR from time to time. If you're interested I can have a look about.

Tony in Alloy Wheels Direct is super knowledgeable and can source most wheels and tyre combos for the car. I bought my cup spokes from him with the PS4 fitted.
Does look a great price, I'm maybe too fussy as I am not a fan of the JCW Track Wheels. £620 is crazy though for wheels tyres and TPMS.

The more I look at the MSW 85 by OZ wheels the more I like them and suspect I will end up going for these. Will be fitting new TPMS sensors all round (one of my current TPMS batteries has went this week which is one of the reasons I started to think about my wheels again ;) given they are all original TPMS suspect the other 3 will be soon to follow) and probably remounting my old tyres as they are fairly new bridgestones.

·
Registered
61 Posts

I’m running the OEM 18” 534 Ferric Wheels on my JCW, absolutely love the break up of all black. I too love Matte finish on my wheels, never shows scratches. I run these for the summer with Michelin Pilot SS, excellent handling especially with the OEM JCW Suspension Kit w/Larger Front/Rear Sway Bars.
Enjoy, Jose

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@jpsjr70 that looks fantastic.

I ended up ordering yesterday a set of MSW 85 wheels by OZ. They arrived today, really pleased with them. Just waiting for a set of new TPMS sensors to arrive later in the week and I will get some tyres put on the rims and refitted :D

Only slight concern on the MSWs is on a trial fit it felt like the standard mini wheel bolt disappeared quite deep into the hole. It might just be down to them being a bit thicker feeling than the Cosmos. Will see what the tyre fitter thinks when he is putting the rubber on :D

·
Registered
F54 Clubman S All 4
63 Posts
Looks awesome Jose, those are nice wheels. Says a lot when you park the Porsche Turbo to take the Mini into the city. You know what looks great? Your steering wheel in my car.

·
Registered
116 Posts
View attachment 74339

I’m running the OEM 18” 534 Ferric Wheels on my JCW, absolutely love the break up of all black. I too love Matte finish on my wheels, never shows scratches. I run these for the summer with Michelin Pilot SS, excellent handling especially with the OEM JCW Suspension Kit w/Larger Front/Rear Sway Bars.
Enjoy, Jose
Ah ha, I found your car on google just today , what a co-incidience! I admired the look very much, really liked the bodywork paint 'Melting Silver'? Looks on point!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts