Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, can anyone suggest any decent plug in and play speaker upgrades for my 3dr mini F56? I have a few things I want to do so budget is going to be stretching across a few projects, so best value for money would be greatly appreciated for suggestions. Many thanks, Gray.

·
Registered
5 Posts
ETON's are pretty solid, and not too expensive. Focal could also be an option. If you have a non-tweeter setup I recommend coding your headunit settings to 'HIFI' instead of 'Stereo'. Otherwise it doesn't matter which speakers you install because the signal is highly equalized for the standard crappy speakers.

If you have HK it's a different story.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Bavsound.com I replaces all my speakers and subs. Major difference and much improved.
Just a question. Considering they remove all the trims on the front and rear to take out the standard speakers, do you later on have some trim sounds in the car.

I am bit sceptical to teardown all the car to update the speakers for long term, thats why would like to know your experience.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just a question. Considering they remove all the trims on the front and rear to take out the standard speakers, do you later on have some trim sounds in the car.

I am bit sceptical to teardown all the car to update the speakers for long term, thats why would like to know your experience.
I did it myself...just make sure to take your time and use the right tools to remove the trim. I also added sound absorption where I could. No rattles for me.

·
Registered
2016 F56 JCW
27 Posts
Bavsound.com I replaces all my speakers and subs. Major difference and much improved.
I have the HK system. I think the subs are pretty decent but keen to hear from anyone who upgraded them. Did you start with the standard stereo or HK?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the HK system. I think the subs are pretty decent but keen to hear from anyone who upgraded them. Did you start with the standard stereo or HK?
Standard. The bavsound speakers start off very bright. After a few weeks of breaking in they warmed up nicely. I listen to a lot of podcasts and they are so much clearer now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts