Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Christmas Everyone!

I would like some advice on mods to my F56 Cooper S please. I've just added some BBS SR Alloys to her and very pleased with the look.

I want to lower the car also. I've looked at the various options (h&r and eibach springs) vs coilovers. I have the Adapative Dampers so I don't think coilovers are an option because they don't react to the +10 -10 change in shock settings.

What are people's experiences with using lowering springs. I've read so many conflicting reports of it improving handling, changing the ride height but also the shocks will wear out quicker and make the ride more crashy?...

If you're running lowering springs what do you think?

Finally I am considering some Eibach spacers for the front and rear. 10mm on the front 12mm back. Any issues with doing this so far?

Thanks!

James

· Registered
303 Posts
I had Eibach springs fitted to my JCW with adaptive dampers just over a week ago and I'm very happy with how they look and handle. In mid mode you'd hardly notice any difference in ride and in sport they tighten up nicely without being crashy. I do have normal tyres on 18s so it may well be harsher on runflats.

· Premium Member
1,243 Posts
I have the same suspension as you and have been on NM springs since May of last year. Hasn't given me the first bit of trouble. Just came back from a couple of days in the mountains of NC and VA and the car rides as good today as when I first installed the springs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.