Mini Cooper Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one know if it is possible to buy/add a variable luggage compartment floor afterwards, or will I have to order the Storage compartment package to get it ?

I do not need all the other stuff in the package

Thanks

·
Registered
155 Posts
I see that you are in Denmark, have you checked what is included in the storage pack lately. In the UK the storage compartment package is now only the hinged/movable dual level floor with tie down rings and net for lower face of floor. When I ordered my car last April it also included a power supply in boot area, drivers side sun shade, a small net on passenger side of centre console and I think nets on the back of front seats.

·
Registered
111 Posts
After talking with my salesrep I decided to with the storage package for two reasons. One, the extra 'lie flat' position on the rear seats. Two, if I bought the OEM storage floor later it wouldn't really fit - I would either have to hack at the MINI or the floor.

BTW, in the US the storage pkg still came with all the other stuff as of 4/22 (and the ever so reliable configurator still reflects that). Your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It comes with these options:

- storage net in passenger footwell
- map pocket on back of front seats (standard with all sports seats)
- 3rd sun visor, driver's side
- variable luggage compartment floor (latches in 3 positions) in the luggage compartment with 4 extra lashing eyes and net
on underside of luggage compartment floor
- 12 V power socket in luggage compartment,
- cargo position, rear seat bench

I really only need the top position cargo floor to get a flat boot surface with seats down...

·
Registered
505 Posts
That's what I was going for when I got the storage package too... the floor. I really like that net under it, though, and as an added bonus, you can remove the net, hook it to the tie downs and you have a net for bigger cargo too! I never quite figured out the tiny, tiny net in the passenger footwell, but it has been handy to cram the other 2 feet of my USB cord when I have my phone jacked in. My dealer was utterly unaware about all the hoo hah with the side sun visor... really glad I got the storage package now since mine was a March baby.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Talked to my dealer yesterday...

Seems like they are working on a solution to add the floor plate as an accessory..

Sounds nice...
Were they able to add something? My dealer was telling me as it costs CAD$2k to CAD$3k add the storage solution. I've asked them about a storage tray solution and cover.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My 2006 R50 had the third sun visor. I thought it was a standard Mini thing. Everybody who sees wishes they had one. Glad the original owner of my F56 got the storage package.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I did hear the false floor was REALLY expensive to buy retrospectively.

But now that they've changed the packages. ...it might not be able to be ftted retrospectively as the catches might not be in the car as standard. Best to check.

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
My car has the storage package but no 3rd sun visor, which is a pain, as I really thought that was handy. It has the 12v supply, but no cargo net. I do have the net in the passenger footwell - handy for an ipad....

Strange that only seem to have some of the package.

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
My car has the storage package but no 3rd sun visor, which is a pain, as I really thought that was handy. It has the 12v supply, but no cargo net. I do have the net in the passenger footwell - handy for an ipad....

Same here. Not sure why Mini did away with the 3rd visor. Does yours have attachment points for the cargo net on the underside of the storage lid? My 2016 doesn't. Grrrr

·
Registered
200 Posts
My 2016 has no net but does have a third visor... Maybe there is some dice rolling involved on the assembly line?

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Same here. Not sure why Mini did away with the 3rd visor. Does yours have attachment points for the cargo net on the underside of the storage lid? My 2016 doesn't. Grrrr
No. I have attachment points in the boot, but not on the underside of the lift up floor.

·
Registered
113 Posts
My 2016 has no net but does have a third visor... Maybe there is some dice rolling involved on the assembly line?
I actually have the third visor in my Cooper and absolutely no storage package added, so it's either a roll of the dice, or standard now?

No wonder every MINI is unique. Not just because of the options we can choose to add/not add but also the roll of the dice. HEHEH ;)

Reactions: Skullee

·
Registered
11 Posts
I read somewhere that the net / sun-visor is linked to when your car was made - from memory it's something like later MY15 models don't have them but earlier ones do.......

Could all be rubbish, though - that's the way today is going (and I can't find the link to the story!!). My May-15 F55 (with storage pack) has the net and 3rd sun visor, though

·
Registered
296 Posts

Yep mines exactly the same. The third visor would come in very handy since the sun seems to be always on the right hand side overtime I drive. I've mentioned before that the plugs are there above the driver window, but think someone on here found that the visor was ridiculously priced to buy on its own

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.