Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't know what "pull" means in this context. How did the antenna ball contribute to this?

pull in british slang is where you're there talking to someone you quite like the look of and it goes well enough to lead to another encounter eg. a date/drinks etc.

in this instance, my rainbow (gay pride - that's me) aerial topper gave me away (as if you need to be Sherlock to tell!) and he obviously liked me enough to give me his number! ;)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Ok, now I get it. The rainbow has the same meaning here too although in certain areas of Vancouver you are just assumed to be gay unless you do or wear something to signal that you aren't. I missed the detail that your antenna ball had a rainbow on it.

Thanks for the explanation of the slang. Learning about developments in UK culture is a side benefit of this forum.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yep! You should have seen it before hand - less volcanic orange, more volcanic ash
I can take a guess, was ready to tackle mine today as it hasn't had a wash in about 500 miles, but the concrete was frozen puddles where the parents had gone out earlier, safe to say that and the showers afterwards I didnt bother, just glad it's got some protection underneath. On the plus side if you change your mind and want black wheels just stop washing them lol

·
Registered
191 Posts
Luke looks great! We've reached the time of year here that I can only keep mine clean and shiny if I don't drive it (and we all know that's NOT happening!). As soon as you hit the road it's covered in salt and crud. I still think he's beautiful though!

·
Super Moderator
7,910 Posts
Yes fabulous with the wheels and body kit, I couldn't defrost jasper enough to wash him today. Hope he thaw s tomorrow.

Reactions: Wheee!

·
Super Moderator
7,910 Posts
If you are considering washing Jasper, does that mean you have two functional arms now?
Not quite, but I can get it out of the sling straighten it and walk around if I'm gentle with no pain, hooray. So I managed to wash my wife's car yesterday, he'd been in the sun and wasn't iced up.
All very slowly but I did it. Saving me going stir crazy. Venturing out in the car as passenger tomorrow. , thanks for asking whee. X

Reactions: pjsjr13

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks great Profiteroles! :) Please may I ask where you had Luke washed? - Ours desperately need doing already!

I take it you're local...not sure what it's called but the red and white one near waggon and horses in handforth :)

OK that's a first for this forum - a romantic encounter thanks to Mini. I'm still waiting for Victoria's Secret models to flock around Hal and me.

Luke's a rather handsome devil, I must say. No doubt you two cut a dashing figure about town.

I know! but in spite of Luke's muscular appearance versus my scrawny frame, he gave ME his number, not Luke :D

·
Super Moderator
7,910 Posts
And of course it is personality that counts.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.