Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This run has been advertised on a few forums and I thought I'd highlight it here too since we have quite a growing Scottish contingent.

I'm attending as is @mikeswagon ......more the merrier! Lets get these prestine MINIs manky with a thrash up to the slopes :) :)

Names are sought for a run on SATURDAY 19 March 2016...(about 10am leave...)

Plan would be 'as usual' meet at shepherds rest, (Straik Road, Westhill, Aberdeen). Then take a leisurely jaunt up to snow land... Lecht ski centre or there abouts...

THERE is NO REQUIREMENT TO BE IN A MINI OR BINI......

It will be a charity event with money going to*

Mountain rescue Team in Braemar - for rescuing those in need in recent local floods..
Other half*
To brain tumour research.

spread the word.*As far as I am concerned only takes two cars to have an event.......

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Hi Donna sorry for my late reply ,what all happening with this meet Donna is there loads of cars meeting at same location and do you pay an entry fee that goes for the charity?
At present I'm going day by day as so busy at work that is good in the current climate in the NE corner, what time you planning to head back?.
I really need to free up some time for a meet as I have not even organised our annual Detailing meet at mine place yet and feeling guilty

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Derek, not too sure what the actual schedule is. Meeting at the Shepherds rest at Westhill at 10am - so I plan heading off from mine around 0915. Mike is tagging on from Alford. Not sure what time we'll get finished or how the money is being collected. Under the impression it's a donation thing.
I'm looking forward to it as I've not been on one yet. I've posted a link to the FB page ... think a lot of classics are showing an interest too.
I'm planning on giving the car a wash this afternoon when I get home as I'm going out tomorrow night. Might try and wangle a shout of the boxster tomorrow so it'll stay clean(ish)!!
Hope you can make it, would be great to put names to faces!

https://www.facebook.com/events/822610964552447/

Weather seems to be forecast as dry but cold ..... but my winter wheels are still on :)

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/gfjtmxtts#?fcTime=1458345600

·
Registered
97 Posts
Just picking this up. Let you know tomorrow, going to Houston next week so got stuff to get sorted. Hope to make it though...

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, i haven't actually. You two just came to mind since you were local. Everyone's welcome though! Not sure what the plans would be for people to join on after Westhill, r.e. stops etc........

Reactions: derekh929

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't know if it'll fit! I was thinking gopro though. Attach it on someone elses car....preferably the one behind me.....that'll be Mike then, ha!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Ok I'm in for this will be there for 10am at Premier Inn Westhills ? will take a picnic for lunch with me, I did fancy a blast across to Glenshee on the way back though time and weather permitting, looking forward to finally meeting some of the local Mini owners.
Will you register us for the meet encase our XL Mini's cause a stir lol

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yay!

I hadn't planned on taking food with us, surely we'll stop somewhere for lunch - probably at the Lecht?

I'll let Brian know there's another F56 coming ..... we've been told by the classics to stay at the back :) :) sure there'll be plenty banter about it.

See you tomorrow at Westhill if I don't see you enroute to there......

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
The wife told me don't be silly plenty of room in the upstairs part I started skint at lecht when I was very young just say more than 30 years ago lol, last time we was up was about 5 years ago skiing went to Glenshee the two years after that was good.
Car all got once over and gave me a chance to check it over as going in solo for some warranty work I want done nothing major I hope.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's the Shepherds Rest you're heading for Derek. AB32 6HF....not sure if that's a Holiday Inn or not.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.