Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Mini Cooper SE
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noted today a few differences from my 2020 model to the current SE. I know that the SE has had a speed limiter since it was introduced but I found today that it now has speed limit assistance (not sure how long). An EU regulation introduced in July means that the 2019/2044 regulation mandates all new cars that have already launched be fitted with an Intelligent Speed Assist (ISA) by 7th July 2024. Well, it looks like the SE now has this although you have to switch it on to activate it.

Product Font Material property Screenshot Parallel

I tried it this morning and it seems quite useful about town where there's plenty of camaras to catch you out. Well going up the limits is ok, if you want to come down from say 40 to 30, as soon as you select - button it'll drop 10mph very quickly!! Fine if there's no one behind you but if someone is following behind they're going to have you hard breaking in front to limit the speed down.

Mini have also appear to have added lane departure warning, which forms part of the same regulation.

The new regulations also include autonomous braking system, data loggers (black box technology), emergency stop signal detection, driver fatigue detection system, built-in breathalysers which won’t let you start the car if you fail and reversing sensors or cameras. Some of which the mini SE already has, and I would assume has also been adopted into the ICE version.

I'm all for safety and most of these changes make good sense but do we really need a black box as well!!

·
Registered
Mini Cooper SE
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think we discussed coding to activate it (in countries where it isn’t yet planned to be required, so it had been coded out). I’d like to try it. Our North American cars recognize speed limit signs and access the GPS speed limit database, but that’s it.
Yes, we did discuss it. At the time I could only set a limit in the 2020 model even though the car had GPS and traffic sign recognition. Seems that things have moved on a little!!

·
Registered
Mini Cooper SE
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mine went in for the SOS Recall, guess they also updated the I-level whilst it was there?
Thanks to @sb2002 I’ve managed to get ID6 light on my headunit and the ID6 ui on my 6WB, only possible due to the new 2022 i-level being installed by the dealer. See attached

(Side note: I have retrofitted the lci 2 dash panels screen steering and jcw bodykit to my car although it is a 2020 original model with old style screen and wheel 🌚) View attachment 81457 View attachment 81458 View attachment 81459 View attachment 81460
Looks really good. Sadly my level 2 had the 6” head unit so likely why I wouldn’t get the update, but it does look good, as does the car 👍.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts