Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Don't you wish Owner's Manuals had that information? I suppose it could vary, but it might be best to ask the dealer. Most owners don't care, and that's what dealers like but owners have a right to know. If you find out please post up....also the differential lube spec. ;-)

·
Registered
768 Posts
Reactions: mwelacha

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very cool Desert Rat, thank you! Are there any aftermarket fluids compatible with BMW mtf2? I will do a Google search as well, but thank you for looking into this. If all else fails I will stick with the mtf2

·
Registered
768 Posts
Very cool Desert Rat, thank you! Are there any aftermarket fluids compatible with BMW mtf2? I will do a Google search as well, but thank you for looking into this. If all else fails I will stick with the mtf2
MINI Mania show a Redline alternate fluid, but it's not listed for 2014+ F MINIs, only the BMM fluid.
If you're in the US give them a ring and see what they say but for a 2015 I'd be inclined to run the BMW fluid.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right on, DR, and that's what I'm going to do. It's pentosin mtf2. 20 dollars a liter on amazon. The MINI takes 2 quarts so I'll probably get 3 for spillage. I already bought a pair of inexpensive magnet bolts I'll put in at the same time (I paid full price for the Dimple oil plug. I can't justify 40 bucks each for the two in the transmission. I'm already changing the fluid way ahead of schedule at 15k or so)
eBay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/201456303646

Thanks for the help Dessert Rat!

·
Super Moderator
8,744 Posts
Good grief mini say our mt is sealed for life no need to ever change it. Now I agree with you this is wrong wrong wrong but I shall be changing mine every 30,000 UK miles . did that on my mr2 and it was perfect at 160,000 miles.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I absolutely agree. Especially if you actually drive your car...like...have any fun with it whatsoever...there are bound to be breakdowns of fluids. Lifetime of 100k maybe. Nonsense. BMW us running a racket I tell ya, with dealerships having to change oil and all that nonsense. They make a GREAT car for 100k miles, but then you're buying a new transmission. The fresher the better. I just ordered the Pentosin off of Amazon. I'm already having second thoughts, that I should have gone with Redline or Amsoil Severe Gear. Oh well. Next change I guess.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.