Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I finally finished... phew.

As I mentioned previously (about 2 weeks ago), I had washed, clay barred, and applied one coat of Cquartz UK Edition ceramic paint sealant, as well as Cquartz Dlux Plastic and Rubber coating.

Well before leaving on a business trip, I had washed the JCW, and completely dried her. Today, I tackled the outside (yeah, I am maniacal) again and the interior.

Outside:
I applied a second coat of Cquartz UK Edition ceramic coat. While I let that cure and seal, I underwent the process of applying CarPro FlyBy30 to the exterior windshield and windows. It's supposed to work like RainX only that is supposed to last a lot longer.
Once I let that the FlyBy30 cure, I went ahead and applied to the paint CarPro Reload Inorganic Spray Sealant. Really helps with the shine and making the finish slick.
Once that was curing, I hit the windshield and windows again with a second coat of CarPro FlyBy30.
Check the shine :)

I then went at the rubber, molding and trim, and more importantly the grills front and back with CQuartz Dlux Plastic and Rubber Coating.
Check out the nice black (no dull greyish black) results!

But WAIT, there's more lol.
I had not tackled the interior, so, here goes.
Before leaving for a week, I sprayed all carpeting, front, rear and trunk, as well as seats, headliner, and sun partition with Gtechniq Smart Fabric. This stuff is really good stuff, it seals and protects fabric and keeps it from fading as well. It supposed to last a year or more. It is super easy to apply, and just requires time to dry (24-48 hours). I left the sunroof cracked open, so the smell had a chance to escape while it sat to dry for the week or so.
I then wanted to wipe and protect the interior, especially the dash, door panels and all areas exposed to the sun from UV damage. I used Gtechniq C6 Matte Dash, it really looks no different after you apply it (hence the dash is grease free and UV protected from fading and cracking). They recommend to apply two coats 24 hours apart.
More Pics !!!!

Going to let the car sit for 48hours to let everything cure and dry to a maximum hardness. Tomorrow I will give the doors and dash a second treatment of Gtechniq C6 Matte, and a second paint coating of CarPro Reload Inorganic Spray Sealant.

Cheers...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Thanks, OP! Great post - and a spectacular result!

You just gave me an education on "Cquartz" products. Never heard of it until now. I see some of the range is available in Australia and I've very interested in what it could do for my black trim surfaces (eg around wheel arches).

DJ

·
Registered
386 Posts
OK ... make the rest of us feel bad and inadequate. Ever try to keep Rebel Green clean ... makes black look like a picnic.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Whats it looking like now a year on?

Mines off in for 2 1/2 days work correction gtechniq Crystal serum black two coats of exo v3

Glass with g4 polish then g6 perfect glass

Wheels w6 iron fallout remover then c5 wheel armour

Seats carpets etc l1 smart fabric

Plastics c6

I hope it's gonna go well as it's not cheap!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.