Registered
2,082 Posts
"Road Warrior"

Reactions: derekh929

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Good God that's awful....

They've taken a perfectly good Mini and made it look like something out of an army surplus store.

Now, getting it wrapped in an unusual colour, like Techno Purple, Tanzanite Blue, or Bright Green, that would have been something, but this just looks unwashed & unloved.... (Bit like me :))

·
Registered
217 Posts
Matte black and grey are all the rage here in Japan, but usually only on super powerful exotics or semi-exotics like top of the line Maserati, Porsche or Lamborghini. It's as if you only get the matte paint if your 0-60 time is sub 4 sec and you're saying "don't even think about it bro"... On certain cars I like the look a lot, but think it would be out of place on a completely stock 230hp JCW that does 0-60 in 6 seconds, more like window dressing or idle boasting. There are some amazing tuner JCWs that I think this kind of color scheme would look good on, but I personally wouldn't want a non-standard color unless I was pushing at least 300hp. For example...

http://www.bmwblog.com/2016/03/04/manhart-mini-john-cooper-works-tuning-300-horsepower/

(Yes, I like the yellow wheels!)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Matte black and grey are all the rage here in Japan, but usually only on super powerful exotics or semi-exotics like top of the line Maserati, Porsche or Lamborghini. It's as if you only get the matte paint if your 0-60 time is sub 4 sec and you're saying "don't even think about it bro"... On certain cars I like the look a lot, but think it would be out of place on a completely stock 230hp JCW that does 0-60 in 6 seconds, more like window dressing or idle boasting. There are some amazing tuner JCWs that I think this kind of color scheme would look good on, but I personally wouldn't want a non-standard color unless I was pushing at least 300hp. For example...

http://www.bmwblog.com/2016/03/04/manhart-mini-john-cooper-works-tuning-300-horsepower/

(Yes, I like the yellow wheels!)
It's refreshing to see a hotted up JCW using the stock bodykit which still looks sporty and aggressive, great stuff!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.