Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
266 Posts
Matte black and grey are all the rage here in Japan, but usually only on super powerful exotics or semi-exotics like top of the line Maserati, Porsche or Lamborghini. It's as if you only get the matte paint if your 0-60 time is sub 4 sec and you're saying "don't even think about it bro"... On certain cars I like the look a lot, but think it would be out of place on a completely stock 230hp JCW that does 0-60 in 6 seconds, more like window dressing or idle boasting. There are some amazing tuner JCWs that I think this kind of color scheme would look good on, but I personally wouldn't want a non-standard color unless I was pushing at least 300hp. For example...

http://www.bmwblog.com/2016/03/04/manhart-mini-john-cooper-works-tuning-300-horsepower/

(Yes, I like the yellow wheels!)
It's refreshing to see a hotted up JCW using the stock bodykit which still looks sporty and aggressive, great stuff!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.