Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2020 JCW - Silver White - Auto
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Just introducing myself. I’m Matthew from Yorkshire and have just bought a new 2020 JCW in Silver White with black roof and mirrors.

Options include, Auto, Full Leather, Navigation Plus, Comfort Plus, HK Speaker Upgrade, Heated Screen, amongst others I’ve forgotten about no doubt. It was a showroom car so hope to pick it up this week. Can’t wait!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Well that’s lovely! White silver is my favourite colour on these cars. Great spec too!

Only thing I would ask them change (personally) before collecting is the piano black badges on the bonnet and bootlid, seeing as it’s has the black light and grill trims.

But that is me being very picky on a stunning Mini! Enjoy.

·
Registered
2015 F55 Cooper S
68 Posts
I have to agree with bjblyth..for me this is also my favourite color... my next one will be exactly the same ;)... really beautiful

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
689 Posts
Sandal Huddersfield - my local dealer :)
They had that JCW Clubman in when i was in for a service in Jan, can't believe it hasn't sold?

Great looking car but it would be better with cloth seats so i'll do you a favour and swap mine for yours 😀
I see Mini have stopped fitting the chrono surround on the center display again, Aliexpress sell them cheaper than mini and the quality is the same (i fitted 1 to mine) if you want 1
If you do decide on the gloss black badges i have a genuine gloss black 1 for the boot which i didn't fit as the handle is slightly different on my pre LCi

You'll have to give a review after your 1st drive to let us know what you think (y)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sandal Huddersfield - my local dealer :)
They had that JCW Clubman in when i was in for a service in Jan, can't believe it hasn't sold?

Great looking car but it would be better with cloth seats so i'll do you a favour and swap mine for yours 😀
I see Mini have stopped fitting the chrono surround on the center display again, Aliexpress sell them cheaper than mini and the quality is the same (i fitted 1 to mine) if you want 1
If you do decide on the gloss black badges i have a genuine gloss black 1 for the boot which i didn't fit as the handle is slightly different on my pre LCi

You'll have to give a review after your 1st drive to let us know what you think (y)
Hiya mate, just seen your in Huddersfield. I’m in Halifax. Would be good to meet up and have a look at the cars when your over this way. Particularly interested in the spoiler extensions and the side decals!

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
689 Posts
Hiya mate, just seen your in Huddersfield. I’m in Halifax. Would be good to meet up and have a look at the cars when your over this way. Particularly interested in the spoiler extensions and the side decals!
Hi
Yep i'm in Huddersfield so local for a meet up
I've just replied to your post re the decals (y) the spoiler extensions can be bought from dealers on Ebay cheaper than going into the showroom (i paid £50)

Have you picked the car up yet?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh brill will have a look. No Monday is the big day. Can’t wait to pick it up. Ive been in a VRS estate (the 245 version) for the last 3 years so it’s going to be a change!

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
689 Posts
Oh brill will have a look. No Monday is the big day. Can’t wait to pick it up. Ive been in a VRS estate (the 245 version) for the last 3 years so it’s going to be a change!
I've had numerous VAG cars which were nice but a bit - boring? don't get me wrong i enjoyed the power and economy but they weren't "fun" to drive.
You'll enjoy the Mini for the fun factor, they aren't the best in terms of quality but mine doesn't rattle or squeak which is my pet hate (sold many cars due to rattles)

If i was buying a Mini brand new i'd seriously consider PPF for the front bumper/ bonnet as the paint is hard to the point of being brittle so picks up stone chips very easy (found another 4 this morning after 3 weeks?), some like it some don't but if it's applied by a pro you can't tell it's on.

I'll keep an eye out for you on Monday if you're on the roads after 3pm as i finish work in Elland so will be driving back home (y)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just picked the car up. Love it!! Although the infotainment system seems very complicated! It’s going to keep me busy reading up on it!

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
689 Posts
Stunning - bet you're pleased with it
How many of the neighbours blinds were twitching when you pulled up and got out (y)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Half the street came over to chat about it!

Ive just been out for a drive. Sport mode and gearbox in Sport too. Christ, the things a lunatic 😂 The exhaust let out a large ‘pop bang!’ from the traffic lights that had people turning round. Love it!

Reactions: Robby Vrs

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
689 Posts
It amazes me how many people do a double look at the car, even though this Gen is 6 years old people still look at it as though it's just been launched :)

Not sure if the salesperson told you but when closing the bonnet drop it from several inches - DO NOT close it and push down to latch it as the bonnets are so thin they dent if you do (i have proof 😢 )

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Possible the challenge stripes....

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Does anyone know the correct part number for Eibach lowering springs for the F56 JCW? I’ve been offered a set of new ones at a very good price (almost too good to turn down) but not sure what the correct part number is.

Some websites have an option to choose between ‘front axle weight of either 945KG or 980KG and this changes the part number of the springs. 🙈

·
Registered
436 Posts
945 kg manual
980 kg steptronic

Reactions: Matthew1986

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for that. I thought as much. Although means the cheap springs I had lined up aren’t the correct ones :(

Eibach part numbers are as below by the way for anyone interested...

E10-57-004-02-22-m (945KG)

E10-57-004-05-22 (980KG)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Having done some driving in the car, I don’t think I’ll be touching the suspension - for now. The ride is so much better than my last car (Octavia VRS) that I’m very much enjoying the ride 😎

1 - 20 of 53 Posts