Mini Cooper Forum banner

Matthew’s 2020 Silver White F56 JCW

22K views 73 replies 16 participants last post by  Ziggy Stardust 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

Just introducing myself. I’m Matthew from Yorkshire and have just bought a new 2020 JCW in Silver White with black roof and mirrors.

Options include, Auto, Full Leather, Navigation Plus, Comfort Plus, HK Speaker Upgrade, Heated Screen, amongst others I’ve forgotten about no doubt. It was a showroom car so hope to pick it up this week. Can’t wait!

See less See more
#31 ·
It’s called AP Auto Finish in Holywell Green, Halifax. Really nice couple of blokes.

Challenge stripes next!

Then, maybe, the pro diffuser and pro rear bumper canards 🙈

#35 ·
Easy to fit, yes. It just goes over the existing cap and sticks on with sticky pads.

Going spare, yes I suppose it is. I’d have to post it unless your local and it would need a couple of new sticky pads (3m ones for example).

#40 ·
Yes it’s my other half’s FB as I don’t have an account. I asked her to seek out Elliot for a price on the diffuser. £190 delivered - presume abit more as it had the PDC sensors.

Won’t be paining it no, think I like the contrast with the black plastic. Im Asking my new friends at the paint shop fit it for me 😂

#44 ·
Should be getting it fitted in the next few weeks, once my paint shop have a free slot.

Then it’s, Challenge stripes and maybe some Eibach springs in the new year.

Reactions: Robby Vrs
#45 ·
Have a read on the FB group about the Eibach's - few owners complaining about creaks and knocks with them as sometimes they don't sit in the cups properly

A few have mentioned problems with the top mounts after lowering - put me off even if they look better :(

Just fitted the yellow Powerflex dogmount bush today - will have a drive tommorow to see if it's improved the gearchange/ sommthness

#46 ·
Yeah it’s a strange one regarding lowering springs. No one seems to know which ones are the best. Eibachs cause problems, H&Rs are too bouncy...

#47 ·
Gave the Mini it’s first clean in my ownership tonight. Also the first time I’ve used snow foam, after buying myself some new detailing goodies. Really impressed actually. Although whilst applying some Megs Tire Endurance, I noticed a great big nail in the rear right tire :(. It’s only 100miles old. I don’t seem to have much luck with punctures.

And a nice shot with my other car, with the Mini in the background. 😎

#51 ·
Exciting time
....a JCW Pro diffuser sized box turned up full of diffuser looking bits.

Also managed to get the JCW Pro front fog decals on after screwing them up the first time. Not a huge thing, just a nice little addition.

#55 ·
Hmmmm. If I don’t have the heated front screen, I’ll need to call mini. See the below pictures. The first is the spec list of the car I bought. The second is my centre console. Can someone confirm if I do actually have it? I’ll be a bit miffed if I was sold it with and it turns out I don’t have it. 😞

#57 ·
Ah, seems the car spec list had a typo. Dealer has acknowledged the error. Shame as I’d have liked that in the winter. 😔

Cleaned the car, here’s a few pictures to cheer me up - NEW PRO DIFFUSER FITTING TOMORROW 😎

Reactions: vicvo and JB17
#63 ·
Bumper off, it’s miles easier to reach all the little clips! Can be done with it on but it’s a pain to reach all the clips, apparently...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.