Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,737 Posts
Not sure what you mean here. Max demist puts aircon on max and directs it onto front screen with full fan(it is for those who dont have the heated front screen).

If you have a heated front screen that has a sepate switch as does the heated rear screen. As far as i am aware all three operate totally independently of each other which would seem totally sensible to me.

·
Super Moderator
8,737 Posts
No just applies to the front. Theyre independent.ive never had a car with them combined .more often than not i find the front and rear mist up independently and at different times anyway. Now frost is a different matter. Everything goes on. The heated front screen is so good for this.i get in start up switch it on and by the time ive belted and chosen my music the frost is generally soft enough to wipe off with wipers. uk though so we didnt get it too cold last year!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Is it normal that the heated front elements remain on once demist is turned off
Please do not mention heated seats again!!

I forgot to add them when I spec'd up the car, despite ticking just about every other bloody option on the list!!! Only realised i'd forgotten them 2 days after picking the car up, when me and the girlfriend were playing the `Guess what should be where the blanking plate is' game.

They were the best thing I had fitted to my M135i and I will punch myself in the balls for my stupidity, every single time I climb in to the car this winter.:crying:

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Please do not mention heated seats again!!

I forgot to add them when I spec'd up the car, despite ticking just about every other bloody option on the list!!! Only realised i'd forgotten them 2 days after picking the car up, when me and the girlfriend were playing the `Guess what should be where the blanking plate is' game.

They were the best thing I had fitted to my M135i and I will punch myself in the balls for my stupidity, every single time I climb in to the car this winter.:crying:
I didn't but now you ask I've got heated seats they're are rather handy

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not sure what you mean here. Max demist puts aircon on max and directs it onto front screen with full fan(it is for those who dont have the heated front screen).

If you have a heated front screen that has a sepate switch as does the heated rear screen. As far as i am aware all three operate totally independently of each other which would seem totally sensible to me.
My heated front screen will switch on when I hit the front demist function are you saying yours doesn't ?

·
Super Moderator
8,737 Posts
no i am sure it doesnt ! Mmm mind i cant check for another 4 weeks as ive a new hip. And yes dont want to rub it in but i couldnt live without my heated seats!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.