Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Previously had two coopers and a cooper s. Now seriously thinking about coming back. Looking for some thoughts on a deal I have been offered.

Looking at a 65 plate Cooper S (Pepper White), has Chilli,TLC, Media XL, Mini Connected XL.

I have a 64 plate Audi A4 with 10K miles on it.

Can straight swop into the Mini.

Appreciate the thoughts of the community!

Hopefully this is the right section to post this in?

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
Which engine in the Audi. Sounds good to me in principal. Check the second hand value with parkers and work out what you're paying!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Which engine in the Audi. Sounds good to me in principal. Check the second hand value with parkers and work out what you're paying!
I have checked the trade in price at various places including the dreaded webuyanycar and £16-16,500 seems to be the average.

The Audi is the 2 litre diesel.

The Cooper seems amazingly cheap, it's from a Mini dealer as well....

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
Personally I'd get in there .Sounds FANTASTIC!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Brandon has had a bad experience with a couple of his Minis...

Fortunately most of us haven't. I say go for it, looks great! Just be careful dealing with Sytner in Coventry, their admin is shocking and it meant I missed out on an R56 Cooper S Camden last year. Worked out okay in the end as I went elsewhere and got a great deal on my F56 but they were useless at the time!!

Similar to Brandon's scenario though, it won't affect everyone and hopefully I was a real minority.

Hope to see you as an owner again soon!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Dont touch the mini. They are still testing them, and there are a lot of faults; I think I had most of them. It was simply the worst car Ive ever had, including old early 80s fords and a renault. And my faults were not unique; these pages are full of reports of exactly the same faults. Its tempting, and I fell for it, but just dont.

·
Registered
2015 F56 JCW
508 Posts
Unfortunately asking people for their advice can also be a little misleading. Most people will tell you based from their own experiences which is perfectly fine as long as you get alot of feedback and take the average consensus.
Always listen to the people who have had bad experiences and if you are still interested in a particular car, upon inspection look very hard at that car that could show some of those faults or get a mechanic to inspect on your behalf.
There is usually more people with good experiences from cars than bad, if this wasnt the case, the car would get a really bad reputation really fast and sales figures usually reflect this.

I have had some bad experiences with cars but this Mini is going extremely good so far so my feedback is to go for it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Many thanks for the replies, much appreciated.

I had really wanted to know if you guys thought the deal was a good one as well?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Any reason?
I've had nothing but issues with all three of my MINIs, majorly regretting getting my current SD as it has not only been back twice for issues with folding mirrors but the rear suspension is now also squeaking and making metallic noises - and this is a car fresh from the factory!

I was looking at the A5 prior to ordering my SD and genuinely wish I'd got that instead.

You could put it down to me being extremely unfortunate when it comes to MINI but I'm just saying from my personal experience stay away.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've had nothing but issues with all three of my MINIs, majorly regretting getting my current SD as it has not only been back twice for issues with folding mirrors but the rear suspension is now also squeaking and making metallic noises - and this is a car fresh from the factory!

I was looking at the A5 prior to ordering my SD and genuinely wish I'd got that instead.

You could put it down to me being extremely unfortunate when it comes to MINI but I'm just saying from my personal experience stay away.
Totally understand. I have a bad habit of changing cars on a whim and just want to be sure. I think the price of their car is good and my trade in is as well. This is maybe clouding my judgement.

·
Registered
506 Posts
@paulramon,

I had bought F56 MINI One D in Sept 14 and it had some issues with the fan and clutch, I part exchaed with a Cooper in March 2015. Within 2 weeks of owning that MINI, it developed issues with the steering and alarm, after rejecting the car I got my factory built in July 2015. Since then I have done 11000 fault free sMILES...

Between me and my wife we have owned 18 cars in the last 6 years and I haven't had one single car without any issue. Yes, MINIs have had their fair share of issues on this forum but you name me one brand of car that doesnt come with some problems.

One thing which every one will agree on is that there is no other car (this price) which will make you smile every time you take it out for a drive.

I would highly recommend the swap and you will be more than happy with your decision.

Keep us posted.

Saurabh

·
Registered
646 Posts
You'll hear about a lot of issues on the forum because it's naturally where owners come to to seek solutions!

This is a 65 plate, 2 years in to the new generation. Most issues should now be ironed out. My 65 plate Cooper has run fine since day one and I'm approaching 2,500 miles now (3 months old).

Still early days I know, but no complaints!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I've had more than my shares of issues too, but having a great dealer helps considerably. Having said that i won't put you off buying a MINI, it's an absolute hoot to drive and will make you smile much more than the Audi ever has.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts