1 - SOS e call failure
2 - bluetooth stopped working
3 - aux input stopped working
4 - music stopped working
5 - limited mini connect features
5 - Rear stabilisation warning ( sat in car yesterday to start up and message
displayed when I turned ignition on)

I have not had the car two weeks:(
Sorry to read of your problems.... all seem to be electronic-based - so I reckon they'll find a faulty ECU or a bad connection to one.

It's really unfortunate - but the patient will live!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
My MCS is going in for surgery on Monday, for the following:

1 - SOS e call failure
2 - bluetooth stopped working
3 - aux input stopped working
4 - music stopped working
5 - limited mini connect features
5 - Rear stabilisation warning ( sat in car yesterday to start up and message
displayed when I turned ignition on)

I have not had the car two weeks:(
Hi Centaur,

I am sorry to hear this. Check with your dealer if they did the pre delivery inspection. You may check this under Car info if I remember correctly.
Where you check the oil level, tyre pressure, etc there you may see if you have any warning regarding the pre delivery inspection. (I don't remember how it is called but it is something like that). If they didn't, the car is in "sleep mode" so anything works. As soon as they do it, the car "wakes up" and the radio, etc works fine. I hope this is the solution to your problem.

I am telling you this because it happened to me. My car was working perfectly but I had this warning and when I took it in, they explained this to me. They had to do the inspection again.
Also if you are there, ask them if they removed the plastic spacers from the front suspension. These are used for transporting the vehicles in the trucks so that the suspension doesn't work all the way from the factory to the dealer. See picture attached. These may be white and blue.

Good luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Centaur,

I am sorry to hear this. Check with your dealer if they did the pre delivery inspection. You may check this under Car info if I remember correctly.
Where you check the oil level, tyre pressure, etc there you may see if you have any warning regarding the pre delivery inspection. (I don't remember how it is called but it is something like that). If they didn't, the car is in "sleep mode" so anything works. As soon as they do it, the car "wakes up" and the radio, etc works fine. I hope this is the solution to your problem.

I am telling you this because it happened to me. My car was working perfectly but I had this warning and when I took it in, they explained this to me. They had to do the inspection again.
Also if you are there, ask them if they removed the plastic spacers from the front suspension. These are used for transporting the vehicles in the trucks so that the suspension doesn't work all the way from the factory to the dealer. See picture attached. These may be white and blue.

Good luck!
Some good information, thanks very helpful

·
Registered
125 Posts
This seems to provide evidence of what that JD Power survey said about MINI. Lots of problems within the fir 90 days of ownership for MINI vehicles.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Bad news - but hopefully easily fixable. Fingers crossed!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The news form the operating theatre is that they think they have resolved the software problems unfortunately the main display went blank and they are waiting for Mini to advise them of a replacement.. Just over two weeks old

I have a temporary 4 wheel drive paceman .... No gadgets and so slow

·
Registered
9 Posts
Any dealer that leaves the transport blocks in the suspension needs their PDI man shot at dawn.
Terrible mistake. Dangerous too.
I agree! I took it for a drive in the highway and the car felt very strange! In many curves the stability control light turned on. It was loosing grip... and the suspension felt very hard. It is dangerous and I think it may damage the car if not noticed on time.

I talked to my dealer about it and they offered me to choose any accessory I want... but, they still don't have any. I don't know what to choose.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
The news form the operating theatre is that they think they have resolved the software problems unfortunately the main display went blank and they are waiting for Mini to advise them of a replacement.. Just over two weeks old

I have a temporary 4 wheel drive paceman .... No gadgets and so slow
So was it the main display or something else?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So was it the main display or something else?
All I have been told so far is that they are in contact with Mini, the software update was successful but that the main display went blank and they are waiting for Mini to advise of a delivery date. They said none available in the UK so today I am expecting news that it could be off the road for a few weeks. Interestingly I was told that the telemetry unit had not Been configured (it uses this for car data transfer and maintenance scheduling as well as the mini connected app for on line features. I read somewhere that there is an embedded SIM card in the car, not sure whether this has been activated. These services are not available in all countries

·
Registered
189 Posts
I suspect they mean it's lost it's configuration, rather than a software update. Otherwise other cars built around the same time would be having problems too. The actual software version may well be available hidden away in a sub menu somewhere?
Texy

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I feel it could just be faulty hardware then - let them replace it - but this is incredible for a new car - it happens yes but still - however better it being sorted!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Captain Clipboard with Adenoids here again!

Centuar, I really don't want to belittle your experience and it is an absolute shame that it has happened and so soon after delivery BUT, it does happen.
Remember that many of these parts are made by external manufacturers and MINI really only put them together.
In a car plant you will usually see the sheet metal get turned into a body shell, the body shell get painted and that is about all that comes from the "manufacturer"
The rest is brought in from companies such as Lear Seating, BBS Wheels, Pirelli Tyres, Pilkington Glass (although I think they may just be Classic Cars now) Navteq Sat Nav and who knows who else make what else.
This is an absolute minefield for the manufacturer yet they put it all together make it all work and take the blame when it goes wrong even though it will be a third party who's unit has failed.
These things happen.
Goods fail.
Goods get repaired or replaced.
I have this year so far replaced two TV's and one AV amp.
I didn't get my knickers in a knot because I knew the guys at Richer Sounds who sold it to me would deal with it.
I had a warranty.
I got replacement and repaired toys.
It was inconvenient, but it was not their fault..
These things happen.
Just remember Centuar, MINI will be all over this as it is of paramount importance to them.
There will be nothing wrong with the car, it will be a failed component or something which caused the component to fail. Don't let it leave a bad taste or take anything away from your prized possession.
They don't make friday afternoon cars anymore like they did when I worked at the MINI site when it was Austin Rover........ Dun Dun Daahhh!

They will repair it, have red faces and apologise BUT continue to keep you mobile, look after you and if they are a good Dealer, keep you in the loop and not tell tales.

Then everyone lives happily ever after...

Well usually.......

If you have any specific issues please PM me as like I say, I have experience of working in the manufacturing of cars and then I sold the buggers for nearly 20 years!:nerd:

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Cameron

I wish I had known you over a year ago - I could have done with some advice with the now departed but not much missed Audi!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts