Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just checked what the recommended tyre pressures are for my Cooper S with 205 x 45 x 17 tyres and the note on the door sill says 2.7 bar front and 2.5 bar rear which seems high.

What pressures are other people using or is that ok

·
Super Moderator
7,910 Posts
Hi there my cooper with the same size wheels and tyres runs 2.2 and 2.4 kpa-check it is kpa or bar you are looking at but it sounds about right-these minis do run high pressures-my wife has a roadster s and it runs 2.8 all round, and my r56 mcs was 2.6. Short answer is yes this will be right!

·
Registered
998 Posts
Just checked mine and realised the door sticker with the pressures on is missing. The online and printed manual both tell you the pressures are on this sticker! Called my local dealership who after checking with the technicians told me '2.2 bar all round' (30psi).

Knowing this was wrong i called the dealer i bought the car from who confirmed that they should be 2.7 front, 2.5 rear (39 and 36 psi) - a big difference from 2.2. They even Took a picture of the sticker on a showroom car to confirm. They also put me through to the parts dept who have now ordered me the missing sticker foc.

Its shocking how such poor info can be given out by a main dealer, 2.2 bar would be bordering on dangerously low, especially as we move into winter.

Does anyone else have their tyre sticker missing?

·
Super Moderator
7,910 Posts
No mine is there! Inexcusable they didn't know the pressures. Mind you my father in laws Hyundai ix35 had very high pressures ie 10 psi to high and low on coolant from New. Their pdi wasn't good!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.