Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ordered my very first MCS on May 1st, and it should be here next week!

Never had the chance to test drive the MC and I wish I did, only drove the MCS...but as I've been waiting for my MCS to arrive I find myself reading more about how great the MC is and I am starting to regret ordering a MCS. Truthfully only ordered the MCS because it was the only one I had driven and the more aggressive styling which I probably could have gone without. Anyone here relate? Should I really be thinking about this as much as I am? Did I make the wrong choice?!

·
Registered
734 Posts
I don't have a regret like that, but I do seem to be second guessing my option choices a lot.

If there's nothing you can do then don't worry about it... I know, easier said than done.

If we all had our cars soon after ordering them we'd probably all be happy driving them! The long lead time lets the excitement fade, then doubt creeps in followed by second thoughts and maybe even regret.

Your cooper S will be a great car, it's top of the range and I've seen loads of reviews where people prefer the S over the cooper. You made a good choice based on the experience and info you had at the time... choosing something other than what you drove would have been a big gamble.

Mini could improve this whole experience with shorter lead times and more detailed information up front, so that when we're choosing it's an informed decision with less chance of disappointment or regret later.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have a regret like that, but I do seem to be second guessing my option choices a lot.
Well said, and good point!

So do I, really just wish I ordered different wheels though. I ordered the wired + wired upgrade and a few other additions.

What do you feel you're missing? Did you order MC or MCS?

I agree! Mini staff at my dealership wasn't actually too knowledgeable about the F56 since they really hadn't had a huge amount in stock.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Relax. You're going to love it no matter which one you bought.

I bought the S because I always want Mo Powah. But I drove a justa loaner and was amazed at how nice it was. Nothing at all wrong with the justa, it's a great car.

·
Super Moderator
7,872 Posts
Ukes right. I did the opposite to you only drove the Cooper , but spent the savings on extras.spent a while worrying just like you but you have the ultimate the top of the range and you can't get better. There were lots of reasons why I went for the Cooper but am in the uk and our petrol prices tax regime etc and congested roads meant I didn't feel I'd use the power, having had a golf r32 I'd scratched that itch.I have a fastbike which doesn't get stuck behind slow drivers! Just sold a triple (3cyl motorbike and missed the noise)Had I had the s I'd have had to skimp on spec. Or buy 2nd hand.I did worry about the spec a lot. Just make sure you get that right. You will LOVE IT!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Relax. You're going to love it no matter which one you bought.

I bought the S because I always want Mo Powah. But I drove a justa loaner and was amazed at how nice it was. Nothing at all wrong with the justa, it's a great car.
It's not just styling that make the difference between a Cooper and a Cooper S. Ya know, you're gonna love the extra get up and go of the S. Honestly it's the difference between a big smile and a sh!t eating grin. No question that the base model is a great choice, but the S is that and more.

DCC is good, I have it, but once again, you're gonna love the handling of a MINI no matter what suspension you have. Keep in mind that you can always add parts and other goodies to enhance your driving experience and customize your look. Many folks wouldn't bother with the trick suspension since they want to add coil overs and a lowering kit anyway.

Breathe, smile, be patient ... the wait will be worth it and then you'll have a hard time getting that MINI smile off of your face!

Oost

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just do what I did or about to do thats is Add everything! :D

Electric Blue Body Color
Black Roof/Mirrors
Premium Package Wired Package
Wired Upgrade
JCW Exterior Package JCW Interior Package
JCW Entry Door Sills
JCW Stainless Steel Pedals + Footrest JCW Leather Shift Knob
LED Fog Lights
Rear Fog Lights
LED Headlights with Cornering Lights Auto Dimming Rearview Mirror Heated Mirrors & Washer Jets
Rain Sensor and Auto Headlamps Panoramic Sunroof
Rear Spoiler
Roof Rails
White Turn Signals
John Cooper Works Aero Kit
17" Black JCW Track Spoke Wheels
Sport Seats
Center Armrest
Standard Floor Mats
Cross Leather: Punch Carbon Black
JCW Leather Steering Wheel w/Multifunction Chrome Line Interior
Anthracite Headliner
MINI Yours Interior Style in Fiber Alloy Carbon Black Color Line
Automatic Climate Control
Storage Package
MINI Excitement Package
6-Speed Automatic with Paddle Shifters 2.0L TwinPower Turbocharged Engine Toggle Ignition
Dual Stage, 8 Airbag System Performance Control
Dynamic Damper Control
Harman/Kardon Sound System SiriusXM Satellite Radio
Alarm System
Connected + Visual Boost XL Navigation System XL
Real Time Traffic Information
MINI Head-Up Display
Rear-view Camera + PDC
Rear Park Distance Control
On-Board Computer
Comfort Access System
Enhanced Bluetooth and USB/iPod Adapter
Driving Lamps in Black
Carbon Fiber Hood Scoop
JCW Pro Side Stripes in Black

·
Registered
234 Posts
I, too, am second guessing some of my choices, but it was merely down to lack of budget that I had to miss some options. Things like front parking sensors, rear view camera, folding mirrors, panoramic sunroof and LED headlights.

But I'm absolutely ecstatic and that's all that matters!

·
Registered
8 Posts
My budget was zero. Decided in the morning I wanted a Mini again. Bought a brand new One off the forecourt, only a four day wait that way. No it's not the S I would have loved but I've got three points already and I HAVE GOT A MINI! Makes me smile everytime I get in it. My husband however groans and moans on his way down into the seat and does a real Victor Meldrew getting out. Do I care?��

(I did trade in his car for my Mini ������)

You will love your car/baby the moment you see it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I was tempted with the cooper because of the rave reviews but thought I'd crave the S, so it was that which won. Can't see you being too disappointed with an S!

·
Registered
179 Posts
You certainly won't be disappointed in the S.
Only today about an hour ago - I had this devilish grin on my face as I pulled up at a set of traffic lights on a dual carriageway (I had just turned onto the road from a side junction).
I just knew what was going to happen when the lights changed to green.....and BAM! off we went, pretty much up to the redline in the first three gears...Wow!:eek:
As we pulled off the line my wife even waved goodbye to the car next to us (the lady just smiled back).
The Cooper S Petrol is pretty **** fast and although I didn't go silly on the speed, I left the traffic about 3/4 of a mile behind at least...such fun>:D

I did get to drive a 3 cyl Cooper as a lone car once and I have to say although it was pretty good, it was nowhere the same as the S as one might expect.

IMO the Cooper S is a brilliant car and I love mine to bits.
Been working it up gradually on the revs to settle it in and now blast it from time to time as am now over 5,200 miles.

What a great car, as I said, you will not be disappointed- now there where are my keys? I want to go drive it again.....:D:D:D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ordered my very first MCS on May 1st, and it should be here next week!

Never had the chance to test drive the MC and I wish I did, only drove the MCS...but as I've been waiting for my MCS to arrive I find myself reading more about how great the MC is and I am starting to regret ordering a MCS. Truthfully only ordered the MCS because it was the only one I had driven and the more aggressive styling which I probably could have gone without. Anyone here relate? Should I really be thinking about this as much as I am? Did I make the wrong choice?!
I test drove both the MC and MCS and it was a very difficult decision to make. The MC is a fantastic ride but so is the MCS with slightly different characteristics. The MCS styling was the deciding factor at the end of day.

You won't regret your decision at all, enjoy the ride as it's meant to be enjoyed.

:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts