Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

My Mcs arrives in two weeks time (very excited). Given the British winter is now thoroughly setting in I would like to apply some kind of sealant to the car as soon as I receive it to protect it from the elements..

As you can probably tell I'm a complete noob when it comes to detailing and I have no idea what products to purchase..

Can you guys help me protect my MCS? :D

·
Registered
307 Posts
I wil probably be shot down by all the pro detainers on here. But I have given my mcs endless coats of Autoglym High Definition.
Used it on my last car and 3 years down the road the car still looks great.
Have a look at the beading post in the detailing section on here. It shows how well water beads.
There is probably better stuff on the market, but I am more than pleased the Autoglym High definition.

·
Super Moderator
8,023 Posts
Don't think you can go wrong with any autoglym stuff. I love it and use their top gloss as added protection as you can apply it over a glaze etc. In terms of underneath having been in the wheels arches yesterday I can confirm the f56 is VERY well protected.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, reviews on cleanyourcar.co.uk seam favourable too! It does seem a little bit on the expensive side though..

I have been browing the above site for some time however there are some many different categories and product types i have no idea where to start!

Questions...

Whats the difference between a WAX and a Sealant? should i be using both to get that beading effect? How long will it last? Im guessing i could use a quick detailing spray to keep the shine topped up?

Other than auto glym any other brands i should be looking at? Chemical guys stuff seems to get good reviews too..

Sorry for all the question, its a minefield...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah, i have just found this site which is really useful for a detailing noob such as myself! It explains all the stages really well. It looks like "Basics of bling" is a sub brand from Dodo Juice which i belive is an established brand in the detailing world?

Anyway I think im just gonna go all out and by "The works kit" seems good value for £86 and looks like it has everything i will ever need to protect the MCS :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts