Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
Been a long time lurker so thought time had come to register

I've owned my black 2015 Mini SD for 3 months, this is our 3rd F56 in total, my mrs having owned 2 1.5 Coopers previously.

The Coopers were nice (1st one was rejected hence having owned 2), but the SD is in a different league. I changed from a year old BMW 120d Msport Xdrive with all the toys, my friends and work colleagues think I've gone insane trading the BMW in for the Mini, but god the BMW was dull - which is something you definitely cannot say about the Mini.

Anyway, loving the SD so far. It's v economical and v quick (far quicker than the BMW was, even though the performance figures suggest they should be similar). I had an Astra VXR before the BMW and I would go so far as to say the Mini feels as quick as the Astra did (mind you the Astra struggled with grip and torque steer which didn't help).

Anway, hello :)

Cheers

Reactions: Paul storey

·
Registered
48 Posts
Nice to see another MCSD owning member welcome!

Also enjoyed your comments re BMW 120 xdrive as I nearly brought one instead my MCSD.....looks like i made a good choice based on your experience, fantastic ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcomes.

Slinky, you definitely made the right choice. Don't get me wrong, the BMW was a v nice car and looked great in Estoril Blue - if all you want out of a car is to get from A to B in all weathers and comfort then it was great. However, exciting/interesting it was not!!

I think I've worked out how to post pictures. I'm no David Bailey and they've been taken on my iphone but hopefully they're ok..

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Wow really nice - first time i've seen those Mini yours(?) wheels on a car - look great.

I don't actually get mine until Saturday or possibly tomorrow- but will post some proper pics too when I can.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Slinky - I bought the car as an ex demo and wouldn't have chosen the Yours alloys if I'd speccd it myself, however I'm glad it has these wheels as they do look good (they're a swine to keep clean however, and I have bad OCD when it comes to dirty wheels).

Not too long to go until you get yours, definitely worth the wait :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,
Nice to see a few more MCSDs and that like me you are all impressed with the combination of performance and low running costs.
Nice to see an all black car, perhaps the hardest colour to keep clean but if kept clean looks well!
Interesting reading on the 1 series, on a similar vein I have recently been driving a 330d basic spec,so no sports seats or Msport suspension, so although very quick no where near the handling of the MCSD, and lacking in character.

·
Registered
17 Posts
& another new owner here! We've owned our ex-demo MCSD for 2 weeks today, ours is also Midnight Black. Interesting comparisons with BMW's as whilst this is our 4th (1st F56) MINI, we've got a 3 year old 320d Msport convertible as well, it's not quick (it's heavy) but a nice place to be on long trips into Europe with decent fuel consumption

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good to see some fellow MCSD owners, and we all like our cars :)

Black is indeed v difficult to keep clean. I have an OCD issue (which I think I need help for) in that I hate a dirty car, so black may not have been the wisest choice, but hey ho, it looks good when it's clean and it gets me out of the house/or been dragged to shopping centres, for a couple of hours a week when I clean it..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.