Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all

Ive had my MCSD for about 10 months now and still love it as much as the day I picked it up.

I would though now like to see what I can do to beef up the performance and if possible get a bit better fuel economy.

I know I could go get it re mapped but Im not so keen on a permanent change and wondered if anyone had any personal experience with either of these

DTUK CRD-T
RaceChip Ultimate

Cheers

Pat

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
My MCSD had a remap last week.
Result: 225hp and 400nm of torque, limited for the auto-gearbox.

I'm very happy with the result. It feels a lot faster!
I am considering a remap myself but was worried about how much torque the auto-gearbox could handle, I'll take it 400nm is the limit?

I presumed because its the same as used in the JCW that the horsepower wouldn't be an issue, but the torque could be an issue.

Who did you get the remap done with and how much did it cost you, I've seen a Stage 2 tune to 235hp and 470nm from CelticTuning.

·
Registered
121 Posts
This also interests me but maybe a year down the line. (Still 4 weeks before getting the little beast). Like to find out how tunable are these boxes. Can you increase HP to say 200 whilst keeping torque down to under 400nm? I have read elsewhere about clutch slipping but don't know if these tuning boxes have same effect on torque converters.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
That's some very impressive figures. Can't imagine how good the car would be with that kind of performance. Unfortunately the car I'm getting is a lease car so can't go down the route of a full remap, that's why think tuning box may be the way to go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi folks,

I am in the same situation as mjq160... my SD is leased and I would avoid a remap. After 3 months of driving I sadly started to dislike it... The steering is not heavy enough for me, and I just cant feel the acceleration as I felt it on the first week :)
I ordered it with the sport automatic gearbox. (it was my mistake). I am sure it would be more enjoyable with manual.

Any recommendations for a good tuning box?

Cheers and have a nice weekend,

·
Registered
478 Posts
The truth is no one apart from BMW know the specs of the drive train components used. So once you increase the power/torque your the tester. I had problem once with the verto clutch in a classic mini, a call to AP Racing showed Rover at the time was running the component at 110% of it's rating, so it was small wonder when it wasn't lasting in my tuned car, where the torque was significantly higher. It was lesson learnt for me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have just fitted the DTUK "Tuning Module" and "Pedal Box". Being a bloke I have tested it first on what I assumed to be the highest setting, Map1 +3 interestingly when I turn the pedal box off its almost as if I have switch the tuning box off also, it makes a huge difference to the way power is applied. I will need to tone it down a bit later so will set to Map2 +1 as have hear mentioned that map really suits the current model Cooper SD.

Using the map has already made huge difference to the way the car drives... I like the fact that it is changeable and tweakable... defo worth going for the pedal box bundle ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.