Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Check out the Mini Hatch JCW reviews on the BMW blog. Key differences, different turbo, updated pistons, revised driveshafts, updated and lightened suspension, Brembo brakes and interior changes (sports seats with integral headrests, aluminium pedals, JCW graphics etc).

·
Registered
23 Posts
And if you take them out for a drive on same road, back to back, as I did 2 weeks ago- there is definitely a difference in handling, power and speed round bends. I did JCW first.....and oh my, I was hooked.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have read that the Sports suspension is std. on the JCW which includes stiffer springs and bigger anti roll (sway) bars... Not sure if you option spec the Variable Damper Control if it is the same as the MCS with VDC option or if the JCW retains the stiffer springs/anti-roll bars?

I also read taht Mini have now deleted the Sports Suspension option (which I think is the same as the JCW suspension) on the non JCW cars in some markets but when I last looked in the UK it was still available to spec up.

I would recommend that you perhaps drive both cars and decide if the extra outlay is worth it for you...

Good luck with your decision

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Don't forget the JCW has a sportier exhaust as well!

Also no fog lights (there is a secondary intercooler instead), and some slight differences in standard and available options.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.