Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I contact my local dealer and they quote me 425 AUD (235 pounds) for an iphone 5/5S cradle, this sounds quite expensive...

Would appreciate if anyone purchased one off ebay and provide a link...

(I read there are two cradles, basic one and a media one, looking for the media one here)

I'd also like to know other alternatives maybe a decent cup holder iphone dock? (with normal usb lightening cable), iphone 6 is coming, its probably gonna be bigger which means it won't fit into an iphone 5 cradle...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi
You need Mini to confirm the cradle type against your build. They tell me it is currently in development and as for the iPhone if you check against compatibility you only get voice and songs no email, SMS etc so not sure if a full media one is worth the money

I know because I have the iPhone 5s and I am waiting to find out the official part numbers

·
Registered
66 Posts
Mini state iPhone 5s Bluetooth SMS not possible. Secondly bluetooth settings on the iPhone 5s are not configurable for email, SMS or any other messaging system

'Bluetooth SMS' is not the same application and secondly you would need to resolve conflict with other bluetooth services such as phone from the same handset

What settings are you using on your iPhone 5s to send SMS messages to your car and I will give it a try

·
Registered
208 Posts
I've got an iPhone 5s and have the media cradle. I'm not sure what I'd be able to do without it (via normal Bluetooth) but I certainly like the way it keeps everything tidy with no cables, and charges my phone while it's being used :) I use my phone a LOT and if I relied on just Bluetooth it would drain far too fast. You can get by without it but personally I'm glad I got it :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
The one I sent my dealer to investigate is: 84212351308

She identified it very easily and got their parts dept to get hold of one. Bless her, she tested everything I asked using her own phone so that she could confirm it was all ok before I shelled out the money.

It does take up the whole of the armrest storage space but that's ok :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
awesome, that's good to hear, it always helps to have people at dealers who are helpful and don't just find any way they can to get rid of you,

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The one I sent my dealer to investigate is: 84212351308

She identified it very easily and got their parts dept to get hold of one. Bless her, she tested everything I asked using her own phone so that she could confirm it was all ok before I shelled out the money.

It does take up the whole of the armrest storage space but that's ok :)
sweet

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think I worked it out:

Go to: http://www.etk.cc/bmw/EN/parts/fullAppliance/84212351308

Page search for F56 and/or B48 for mini cooper s

Pick your type: USA/EU right hand or left hand.

You can see there are two parts number:

84212289718 : iphone 5/5S (production)
84212351308: ihpone 5 (production suspended)

so the current model number for media cradle is: 84212289718

And you can buy from their site, this site is useful for all other parts as well, bookmarked :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Part number:
Description:
Snap-in adapter Connect
17.02.2014 production
To:
No
Kit:
No
Weight:
0.000 kg.
Brand:
BMW
Note:
No
Information:
IPHONE5/5S
Installation:
Exchangeable retrospectively
Instruction:
PI : SZ_023_02_14

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have the empty box for my cradle - do want me to dig it out and confirm the details on there? Your number is different from the one I used it seems!

·
Registered
189 Posts
84212351308 is the part everyone so far has quoted up until now, so thanks for the update Ray. Note that there are (were!) 2 versions, 84212351308 and (another number!) the 84212351308 type offers full telephone, media and charging, the other one only offers telephone and charging and is half the price of the full media version. I suspect MetalPetal has the 84212351308 type.
This is all from online research - I don't have a cradle, or my F56 yet.
Texy

·
Registered
208 Posts
OK, here are a couple of photos I've just taken of the box that my cradle came in...

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
That's a relief!! ;-)

1 - 20 of 52 Posts