Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a new F56 Cooper a few days ago for early June delivery .
I have now been told that due to the earth quake in Japan the screen with the Media Pack XL is not now available and my delivery cannot be made until towards the end of the year.
The same screen is used in most BMW's and they are affected as well.
This is very disappointing for me.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I was chatting to my salesman last Thursday and he mentioned there's an issue supplying cars with the media pack so it could be related. He said he could take orders but couldn't give any idea of delivery, same with JCW orders.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I remember years ago, we ordered a Bali Blue RR Sport (it had to be blue :) ) but the massive Japanese earthquake meant we couldn't get it ... a lot of Landrover's paint was produced in Japan and Bali Blue was one affected. We cancelled our order.

Is Media XL important to you? You could get your MINI sooner perhaps without it. Or is it worth the wait? Only you can decide.

Reactions: brandonbardsley

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I remember years ago, we ordered a Bali Blue RR Sport (it had to be blue :) ) but the massive Japanese earthquake meant we couldn't get it ... a lot of Landrover's paint was produced in Japan and Bali Blue was one affected. We cancelled our order.

Is Media XL important to you? You could get your MINI sooner perhaps without it. Or is it worth the wait? Only you can decide.
Bali Blue, oh my god Donna you stole my heart.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
It might be worth asking Chandlers to check their stock of MINIs pre build in stock as they have a fairly big network...

Chandlers x3
Barons x2
Elms x3 (I think)

It may not be the exact spec but be better than waiting for 6+ months. :)

Just a thought..

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It might be worth asking Chandlers to check their stock of MINIs pre build in stock as they have a fairly big network...

Chandlers x3
Barons x2
Elms x3 (I think)

It may not be the exact spec but be better than waiting for 6+ months. :)

Just a thought..
....thanks.....already have a F56Cooper manual....want an auto with roof rails to carry bikes....so I will have to patient.....I believe BMW/Mini will have to sort this or it is going to create an awful hold up especially at BMW.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Anyone got any news on this? I've got the same problem.

I was told an estimated a delivery of mid may, 16-19th. The dealer called last week and said they can't give me any idea of what sort of delay to expect.

Are we really looking at a 6 month delay?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I ordered an F54 on May 1 (from Australia) and was notified today of a possible delay of a month because of some issue with the multimedia pack. This thread has me worried that it'll be longer.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
I ordered an F54 on May 1 (from Australia) and was notified today of a possible delay of a month because of some issue with the multimedia pack. This thread has me worried that it'll be longer.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
Has me worried to. My dealer won't even give me an estimate, literally won't say a word on it.

They obviously don't have the answer. I'm not sure who will?

·
Registered
14 Posts
The full extent of the earthquake's impact may not be known yet, hence all the uncertainty. I was told I'd be kept updated so I'll post here with any news.
I haven't seen confirmation it was caused by the earthquake, but that would make sense.

Many other automotive factories suffered damage and seem to be recovering now, so hopefully that means BMW will too.

I will also post any updates I receive.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Has me worried to. My dealer won't even give me an estimate, literally won't say a word on it.

They obviously don't have the answer. I'm not sure who will?

I think some dealers don't want to give estimations incase they're wrong and some customers start ranting "But you said" etc etc. Better to say nothing than make false promises......

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.