Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a UK F56 JCW on order for Christmas delivery, it has FULL specification.

I read somewhere on here that not only can you play MP4 and MOV video files (while the hand brake is on) but also that the car also has a 200gb hard disk to copy music from a USB stick to.

So.... What I'd like to know is, I use an iPhone 6 and Spotify plugged in to the USB socket at the moment (this also keeps the phone charged)

I'd like to continue doing this but I'm wondering if you can not only copy music files from a USB stick to the car HDD but also video files also?

If this is the case videos and music could be copied then the USB stick removed and the iPhone plugged back in.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hi all,

I have a UK F56 JCW on order for Christmas delivery, it has FULL specification.

I read somewhere on here that not only can you play MP4 and MOV video files (while the hand brake is on) but also that the car also has a 200gb hard disk to copy music from a USB stick to.

So.... What I'd like to know is, I use an iPhone 6 and Spotify plugged in to the USB socket at the moment (this also keeps the phone charged)

I'd like to continue doing this but I'm wondering if you can not only copy music files from a USB stick to the car HDD but also video files also?

If this is the case videos and music could be copied then the USB stick removed and the iPhone plugged back in.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

It is a 20GB hard drive. Not 200. But yes you can copy movie files to it if you wish, as well as music files. There is a thread somewhere of the different acceptable file formats on here. Also the manual should list them.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Thank you for the reply, I'll leave Spotify to handle my music and copy the video files to the HDD. Shame its a measly 20gb.
I know. I looked a bit into the possibility of upgrading the size, but I think it is left over space on the main hardrive that stores all of the vehicle info, not a separate unit. so-- better 20 than nothing i suppose. Certainly better than a CD player IMHO

·
Registered
179 Posts
You can play video files via a USB stick plugged into the socket as long as they are in MP4 format.
You get some looks if like me you are sitting in the car waiting to pick someone up and watching a movie to pass the time!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.