Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my new Cooper D today, and I've been playing with all the cool features in the Media XL. The Sat Nav (GPS) is pretty cool, but I find it odd that on the screen, it doesn't say what my next instruction is. For example, turn right in 2 miles. It only announces it when I reach the instruction. So I have no idea what to expect.

I can't seem to find a setting that shows this? Maybe if I do a split screen there's the option for the right hand side to show it?

Any help?

·
Registered
16 Posts
So I got my new Cooper D today, and I've been playing with all the cool features in the Media XL. The Sat Nav (GPS) is pretty cool, but I find it odd that on the screen, it doesn't say what my next instruction is. For example, turn right in 2 miles. It only announces it when I reach the instruction. So I have no idea what to expect.

I can't seem to find a setting that shows this? Maybe if I do a split screen there's the option for the right hand side to show it?

Any help?

Mine has the heads up display that will tell you which lane and counts down within 500ft of next turn. I have not tried the NAV with the heads up display off to see if I am getting the same result. Have you tried splitting the screen and see if you can pull up other NAV information on the right side? I only had my car for a week and haven't tried that yet myself.

·
Super Moderator
8,825 Posts
I have the hud BUT when she talks (and she sure does) she gives you plenty of notice when to turn and if you have it on the ring of the central display, it shines and counts it down ie the closer you get to the turn the less of the ring is lit! In fact she gives much more notice ie when coming off a slip road on a motorway on where next than our Garmin does!

·
Super Moderator
8,825 Posts
The nav makes the hud display worthwhile i think but when ordering you do need to draw the line somewhere-i forwent full leather for the hud! I would also have liked speed limit display but drew the line at the driver assist package as i didnt want any other assistance! Think i made the right choice -i just had to stop spending! If you rotate the wheel when in sat nav you can alter the map size so it's nice and clear -that might help and then just listen to her! (and woe betide you if you don't do as you are told!).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would also have liked speed limit display but drew the line at the driver assist package as i didnt want any other assistance!
See I went for the Driving Assistant Pack (mostly for the ACC) so I didn't choose the HUD. The speed limit display is okay, I didn't care for having it but it came with the pack. The auto-dipping full beams are quite good. They perform better than expected but feel on edge wondering if they'll blind everybody!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Thats something I am not aware of. How do I get to that feature?:eek:
The wording in the US menus is slightly different, but:

SETTINGS --> CENTER INSTRUMENT --> EVENT DISPLAY, check Navigation on.

Reactions: Saurabhdutt
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.