Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! Just too add to the 7 million questions I have already asked , does anyone have any idea how I can connect my phone to show messages on the screen? Also what apps are actually available to work with mini , I have only successfully (hit or miss) connected Spotify so far! Thanks in advance!!

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
My Android phone is connected via Bluetooth to the car. Press or select phone then messages and they should appear.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Does this also work on iPhone? Would be awesome to see messages come up. (Visual Boost)
Hi all! Just too add to the 7 million questions I have already asked , does anyone have any idea how I can connect my phone to show messages on the screen? Also what apps are actually available to work with mini , I have only successfully (hit or miss) connected Spotify so far! Thanks in advance!!
As long as you've got your phone paired to the car's bluetooth system and messages notifications enabled you will get notifications and be able to read your messages via the Visual Boost / Media XL screen by going to the Telephone section. You may also notice the lack of cleaning my car has had, cob webs the lot.... It's not mine for much longer so I don't care! :D

·
Registered
646 Posts
As long as you've got your phone paired to the car's bluetooth system and messages notifications enabled you will get notifications and be able to read your messages via the Visual Boost / Media XL screen by going to the Telephone section. You may also notice the lack of cleaning my car has had, cob webs the lot.... It's not mine for much longer so I don't care! :D

That message function appears not to be working lol. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've found that with my iPhone, it won't display text messages either - Even with notifications turned as banners.

The best you can do is hold down the voice command button until Siri is enabled and ask Siri to read out your texts.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've found that with my iPhone, it won't display text messages either - Even with notifications turned as banners.

The best you can do is hold down the voice command button until Siri is enabled and ask Siri to read out your texts.

The notification you need to select is Settings -> Bluetooth -> MINIxxxxx, click 'i' and slide across 'Show Notifications'.

Took me 18 months to find this out!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts