Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my car sometimes shows this on the screen on start up but sometimes doesn't and instead straightaway shows where I was last eg menu or media playing etc. Seems no pattern as to whether it does it's swirly welcome antics or not. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
19 Posts
If it works the same way as the BMW systems (which I believe it probably does), it depends on whether the system was woken up previously. On my BMW if I unlock the car, get in and start, I generally don't see the welcome screen/message, because the car wakes up and preps all the electronics as soon as you unlock in anticipation of getting going, so by the time you start the car, the system has already booted and shows you the last screen you were on. However, if the car was unlocked, and sits for a couple of minutes, allowing the electronics to go to sleep again, and you then start the car you see the welcome message/animation while the system is booting.

That's how it was explained to me and makes sense, I stand to be corrected by anybody with any other info/insights.

David

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.