Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

Newbie here who has just found this forum and what a great help it is.

Had my Cooper 1.5 petrol for 2 months now and still getting to grips with things. I was greedy and ordered loads of extras. Got the Park Assistant but have never used it so that is another question for the future ;-)

Be prepared for a few questions but my first one is:

When I have the SatNav on and I am following the route. Should it lower the media volume I am playing so I can hear what she is saying on the spoken instructions? I had this in my Golf and found it very useful so I am presuming my Mini would have a similar option? As it stands, I only know I am coming up to a route change by looking at my HUD.

Many thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Hi, and welcome to the forum.

The media volume should reduce so you can hear the announcements. Mine does. Mine came with an inappropriately quite announcement compared to the media volume. While an announcement is happening (use the "repeat last instruction" option to make it play one) you can use the volume up/down knob or keys and it will alter the sat-nav volume. There's also a slider in the setup options somewhere.

Hope this helps

Oli

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks Oli for your quick reply. I will check it out. On a lighter note, I had the SatNav on the other day and was going to a place I knew how to get to anyway. Came to a roundabout and knew which turn off to take but actually took the wrong one. SatNav said no, my brain said no but I still drove the wrong way ;-) Never argue with a woman!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts