Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two weeks ago I became the proud owner of my first Mini: a 2016 Mini Cooper S (Salt) in Pepper White with Black Stripes, Roof, Wheels (17') and Mirrors.

The name Alba is just a little detail to remember the time I spend last year living/studying in Scotland (Aberdeen to be exact, I have noticed several members are from over there) as I've now returned to my country (México), originally I even wanted it to be Deep Blue with white but there wasn't any already available and I couldn't wait to get my car.

The specs of my car are the following:

Cooper S
Black Stripes, Roof & Mirrors
17" Cosmos Spoke In Black with runflat tyres
Double Stripe Carbon Black Sport Fabric Seats
6 speed manual

- Visual Boost Audio
- Daylight/Auto LED Headlights
- Rain sensor
- Dual zone AC
- LED Front and rear fog lights
- Front Centre Armrest
- Cruise Control
- Start/Stop System
- Interior lights pack

Regarding the differences between this and the 2015 model, the only part I have notice is the headrests of the back seats, instead of folding now they are L-shaped and follow the contour of the seat.

Some things that I'm thinking of adding are:

- Painting the center chrome bar on the front red.
- Changing the front and rear chrome trims of the light for the blacked ones.
- Maybe painting the chrome border of the grill to black also.
- Adding a black gloss and black matte union jack flag on the roof.

I'll upload new photos as I get along with this changes, on the meantime feel free to ask and suggest other changes

Cheers :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Its a beauty bro. You thinking about the JCW spoiler as well?
Thanks Bumipig and yeap, I really like the JCW tuning kit except for the front bumper, the design is great but I hate the fact that you lose the front fog lights in the process, over here they are not that necessary but I love how they look.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Welcome to Alba , hope you enjoyed your time in Aberdeen and car looking very nice and liking your planned mods, I stay close to Aberdeen so I know you must be glad to get back to warmer climate as its freezing again today

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to Alba , hope you enjoyed your time in Aberdeen and car looking very nice and liking your planned mods, I stay close to Aberdeen so I know you must be glad to get back to warmer climate as its freezing again today
I had the time of my life and I miss it a lot but right now there's a hurricane close by so we get something that looks like the typical Scottish rainy weather which means the car can't stay dry and/or clean for more than one day! jejeje

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
good looking Car :) I counted 15 Minis yesterday on my way to Las Vegas in all Colors most of them have been the F56. :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A quick update on Little Alba after a trip to the dentist and new shoe laces :D

Next steps:

- Blacking out the chrome trims of the grill and lights (front and rear)
- Red plastidip on the door handles and bottom side
- Black plastidip on the inside circle on the door handles

Photoshop Test :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
New add ons

Had some time this weekend so I added the last red elements, next step blacking out the trims

·
Registered
97 Posts
That much red isn't really my bag, but if you like it, you crack on.

I'll be blacking out all the chrome on mine when it arrives

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Welcome Alba! Lovely MINI!

Were you RGU or UoA? I work for UoA!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
That much red isn't really my bag, but if you like it, you crack on.

I'll be blacking out all the chrome on mine when it arrives
Yeah those are the last red things I'm adding and I'm also still not entirely convinced about them but since it's plastidip and vinyl (for the rims) I thought let's try it on and see after a week or two I might leave them or peel them off; for now I'm completely sold on the red in the front, I just love it, the vinyl trim in the tires is probably going as soon as I found one in black for them (I already made a tiny scratch on one of the rims so I just couldn't wait anymore) and I'm also blacking out the rest of the chrome ;)

Welcome Alba! Lovely MINI!

Were you RGU or UoA? I work for UoA!
Wow the world is tiny! :D I'm a proud alumni of the UoA :) I just got my degree last June (MSc in IT 2014-2015) so who knows maybe we crossed paths at some point or another :)

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Wow the world is tiny! :D I'm a proud alumni of the UoA :) I just got my degree last June (MSc in IT 2014-2015) so who knows maybe we crossed paths at some point or another :)
Might have done if you studied science?!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts