Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Here is Chalky my new F56 Cooper S Sports Automatic and I love it, besides the fact I have used half a tank of petrol in one week and I haven't been anywhere :( I am sure it will become more economic after a few tank fill ups???
Congrats on the new car
Funny how things are with different perspectives ... Having come from a large 3ltr v6 4x4 to my f56 cooper s, I cant believe how little fuel it uses :)
I keep going out for evening drives as they almost seem like im driving around for free when compared to by 4x4

btw, looks real nice in white ! great choice

Reactions: Damregal

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
On my daily commute, I'm getting 44mpg+ with my manual. That's no opportunities to give it some.......

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
The car takes about 1200 miles to break in so your fuel economy can be a bit less than you were expecting for the first few tanks. On top of that, it's a new car for you to get used to, and at the beginning especially, it's hard to keep your foot off that throttle ;)

On my Cooper S F55 with a tuning module and a lead foot, I'm still eking out about 28 mpg.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Don't worry, 40+ mpg is easy enough once you get used to it and its run in. Mines a manual JCW and I can hit the 42-43mpg manufacturers combined claim easy once out of town, even with the odd few moments of madness, so you should be on for at least that with a bit more time. Thats 400+ out of a tank.

And the novelty of gunning it everywhere all the time wears off..... Or not..... :)

Loving the white silver by the way, so cool in the flesh.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the comments, nearly getting 25mpg now so it's on the up, its such fun to drive :) This is my third now after a 02 mini cooper, an 08 jcw hatch and a 61 plate coupe. This is definitely my favourite :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.