Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.. So I Collected my Cooper S on Friday, Love It!! The Noises it makes in Sport are pure grin factor..

So I drove the car home.. Jacked the car up and fitted the crud guards and some orange centre caps.

Sorry the pictures were only taken with an iphone. Better pictures will be along shortly.

Thanks.

Microwave.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Awesome looking MCS - bet you are over the moon?

Great to see VO on Black Cosmos rims without bonnet stripes - this is exactly as we have ordered; not seen one before now!

What was your overall spec?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi culprit, i Previously had a Cooper D R56 in BRG with the Cosmos Wheels, with Black roof and no stripes, Not a fan at all of the stripes, sorry to all the Stripe fans out there..

It has Media XL.
Chillipack, with the Tartan look half leather seats.

Lots of the other options i just don't have the use or couldn't justify spending.

Thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had always intended on getting dealer fit viper stripes sorted before delivery but now having seen a MCS without stripes I am leaning toward living with it for a while and seeing how I get on.

Cheers

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After parking under a tree for an hour last night the car was covered in sap today and the screen was filthy! So treated it to it's first wash.

Started off with a quick blast with the jet wash.
Snow foam, washed the snow foam off, 2 bucket method wash, washed the suds off, quick dry with some drying towels, re treated the plastics because the dealer product was coming off. Dressed the tyres. Cleaned the glass.

I must say.. The wax product the dealer used was brilliant! The water beading was fantastic.

[/url]

[/url]

Thanks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
What condition would you say the paint was in on delivery? There seem to be a number of stories of poor paint but everything I have seen in the flesh looks A1.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Iv seen horror stories, mainly posted by a detailed that is roped in by a dealer to fix paint issues.. But I'm quite keen on paint and detailing myself, and I was very impressed with the paint on my car.. Also the products used by the dealer pre delivery were excellent. Very impressed.

Thanks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
That stacks up against what I have seen. I am no expert but the paint finish on the cars in the few showrooms that I have seen has been spot on...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts