Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, who else is out there?

Time to organise a meet'n'greet over coffee followed by a casual drive somewhere?

Derek (aka DJ)
2015 Electric Blue II, Cooper S

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi I am Albert. Just bought a Clubman Cooper S in Thunder Grey. It will be nice to go for a cruise and coffee.
I was going to say "you had me at Cooper S" and then you mentioned coffee. :D

Congrats on the new acquisition!

Will see who we have on this by the end of the month and tee-up a get-together. Coffee and kilometres will be the order of the day.

DJ

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey ya, Tanya. I see you have impeccable taste with Electric Blue II and a black roof, too. ;)

DJ
Haha thanks DJ, although it's actually Digital Blue, as Electric Blue is not offered in the Clubman.

Hopefully more Sydney peeps show themselves here soon!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ahhhhh! Thanks for the lesson. Now I'm keen to see the two blues side by side to see the difference.

DJ
I can't find any pics online of the two colours side by side so it will be good to put them together in real life. Having seen them separately, electric is definitely the more vibrant shade of the two, digital is somewhat muted (and more grown up?).

·
Registered
52 Posts
Michael here with a 2015 JCW.

Are any of you guys going to the Mini Convertible launch party in early September?

·
Registered
31 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Unfortunately $50 just to get on the mailing list.

Pass.

DJ

Wow. That can't be right? ClubMINI VIC is free to join all club events for the first 3 months and then if you like being involved, you join the club. $80 for the first year, and then $60 a year thereafter.

You're in the wrong state

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just checked the link, it's $50 to join the club, not to get on a mailing list. So it's actually cheaper than VIC. Looks like I'm in the wrong state

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Michael here with a 2015 JCW.
Hey ya, Michael! Which part of Sydney are you lurking in?

Are any of you guys going to the Mini Convertible launch party in early September?
First I've heard of it. But I'm not a hairdresser, or a similarly beautiful person, who would be in the target market for a convertible (MINI or otherwise). ;)

DJ

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just checked the link, it's $50 to join the club, not to get on a mailing list. So it's actually cheaper than VIC. Looks like I'm in the wrong state
Joining the club is how to get on their "Members' Mailing List" :|

And the benefits of joining a somewhat passive club (as the NSW one seems to be) are somewhat marginal if you own a non-vintage car. Of course, $50 is cheap if you own an old car and can use a car club to get cheap HVS rego.

DJ

·
Registered
102 Posts
Joining the club is how to get on their "Members' Mailing List" :|

And the benefits of joining a somewhat passive club (as the NSW one seems to be) are somewhat marginal if you own a non-vintage car. Of course, $50 is cheap if you own an old car and can use a car club to get cheap HVS rego.

DJ
clubMINI membership should entitle you to 10% discount on genuine MINI spares and accessories at any MINI Dealer in Australia.
Pretty easy to get your money back at MINI prices.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey ya, Michael! Which part of Sydney are you lurking in?

First I've heard of it. But I'm not a hairdresser, or a similarly beautiful person, who would be in the target market for a convertible (MINI or otherwise). ;)

DJ
I reside in the Inner West of Sydney. But I rarely drive it as it's for the misses. I've grown accustomed to the comfort of the passenger seat though.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
clubMINI membership should entitle you to 10% discount on genuine MINI spares and accessories at any MINI Dealer in Australia.
Pretty easy to get your money back at MINI prices.
Now *that* is interesting! Thank you. Will look into it further. :)

DJ

1 - 20 of 20 Posts