Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a new mini and as there is no CD player is it easy to connect an iPhone 6 up to play music !!
plus has anybody fitted a iPhone 6 phone holder !!
If so can you recommend a one
Thanks in advance ??

·
Registered
37 Posts
You can just plug your iPhone into the USB port in the dash and play, or BT stream music. You can also use a USB stick and copy to the hard drive if you wish.

Loads of options for mount, there is also a universal iPhone snap in adaptor available from Mini for the arm rest if you have it speced. The cup holder mount works ok or you can get the Mini connected holder which blends in well.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can just plug your iPhone into the USB port in the dash and play, or BT stream music. You can also use a USB stick and copy to the hard drive if you wish.

Loads of options for mount, there is also a universal iPhone snap in adaptor available from Mini for the arm rest if you have it speced. The cup holder mount works ok or you can get the Mini connected holder which blends in well.
Thanks Matt I'll look into the cup holder mount sounds good ???

·
Registered
1 Posts
Might be a daft answer :)

Yeah, i'm figuring all this out just now too (and with an iphone6).

My thoughts so far on the options (not sure if these are std, region-specific, or option-specific)-
1. via bluetooth tunes all work great, inc playlists, itunes radio etc
2. plugged into USB also works great, and you can then use the Connected app, receive email/txt
3. through the armrest phone holder thingy - no clue. Its pricey and i don't have one, but i'd assume it offers the same features as the usb
4. on-board hard drive. Not tried it yet, but looks like there's about 2Gb of storage available to just dump your fave driving tunes into.
5. via USB stick - not tried this yet either. You can plug a USB drive in and pull tunes from that. Dunno how that works with folders, etc in your file structure.

I'd be interested to see what people think is the best iphone mount & how to (or if its worth) having it connected. I loved the DICE audio in my R53. Visible, pressable & accessible :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.