Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

so finally got the cooper last weekend, really liking it.

Met up with Natalie and Gregg from Eastsidevw to get some piccies earlier in the week, so here she is. JC sprayed the boot lid handle when they did the roof, and apart from peeling off their sticker on the back window, it's as it rolled out of there (so far...)

Mike.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bet another one turns up in the street soon!!!
Lots of VOs being churned out of JC MINI just now ... I think it's 'cos everyone's seen mine and thought "WANT!"

GO VO :)
It wouldn't surprise me, there's 1 r53 and about 4-5 r56s already. I'm going to ask if they want a mini photo shoot to see how huge this thing is. ;)

My daughter's seen a plain VO in the village, but may just have been passing through. :D

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Jorge

I wsan't sure about black wheels, and while I like them they don't stay clean any longer. You could probably buy genuine stripes from ebay and fit them yourself - spray on water with a little washing up liquid to help locate them ;)

VO... it's the only way to go :D Funnily enough I've been talking to the dealership the last few weeks, they're trying to price up a JCW, and they never even asked what colour I wanted... VO it is then.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just a little update to show the latest treat for the cooper.

Ebay bargain, and I then removed the union flag graphic so they're just plain black which was always my intention.

Not 100% convinced on these myself, but considering how cheap they were if I bin them it's no great loss.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
mmmmmmm..... #undecided ... is this why you were feert to tell me!!!????

Did they have the gold Union Jack Originally?

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Last week the kids an me took a wee road trip, Alford - Edinburgh - Liverpool - Manchester - Blackpool - Alford. 790 trouble free, enjoyable and largely comfortable miles, the mini did us proud. Only downside was that we generally parked up and either walked or took the tram so I don't have all of the mini pics in great locations I'd hoped for.

So today it got a good wash, de-tar and claying before fitting my latest mod, side stripes. And the side scuttles came off before we left, wasn't overly happy with the fit, but they haven't been binned so may make a reappearance in the future.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Now those ..... I do like! Wasn't keen on the scuttles.......

Reactions: mikeswagon

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Love the stripes mike and that second pic very nice, sounds like a great trip I have been trying to get my wife to go on a Scottish Highlands road trip before year is out , trying is the word lol

Mike you heading to All Ford this weekend in your home town?

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Love the stripes mike and that second pic very nice, sounds like a great trip I have been trying to get my wife to go on a Scottish Highlands road trip before year is out , trying is the word lol

Mike you heading to All Ford this weekend in your home town?
It was a fantastic trip, just what the Dr ordered.

Aye I'll be there in the afternoon, got a family birthday party first, of all the days.... My next car may well have a blue oval so can't miss it

·
Registered
47 Posts
Out of curiosity, all the people who are part of #teamVO , how many were a fan of the now defunct Spice Orange colour?

Whilst I was waiting for my R56 JCW to be delivered years ago, I was loaned a Spice Orange for a week and it kinda grew on me. Could never have owned one, but it wasn't a bad colour!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I almost ordered a new Spice Roadster a couple of months before I ordered my VO ......my sensible side won .......

Reactions: drewbles

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So I added another little touch today, a bit of fun since life's far too serious sometimes.

And before anyone asks, yes I have been around the track, I worked at the museum when it was built so I was among the first to try it out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts