Mini Cooper Forum banner

101 - 120 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
What level of regen braking do you use?
high... the default. Here's an image from yesterday. 33 miles on the clock since 100%.
I'm interested that if you leave the car for 12 hours without charging he predicted range can drop 5 miles or so - is that normal
Thanks for your interest. I can appreciate that people like me are annoying, to experts, but I'm just trying to get to the bottom of a problem in the face of little interest from the car dealer or BMW customer care...

·
Registered
2020 Mini Electric Cooper S - Level 2 - White Silver / Energetic Yellow
310 Posts
If the outside temperature stays constant then I usually don’t see or expect a drop in charge over a 24 hour period. The range can drop if the temperature drops and the battery gets colder, a cold battery has less range. So if you park the car when it is 10 degrees outside, the battery is warm from the drive and then you park it for 24 hours and the temp drops to below 0 for example then I would expect the predicted range to drop. Looking at the photo your range does seem very poor, 39 miles. What is the actual % charge as the 50% shown on the dial can actually be as low as 42% in reality. Press the top button on the left hand stalk and the lower right hand figure will step through different readings, keep pressing until you see the % figure. Also please install the Mini Connected app on your phone so you can get better figures about power usage.

·
Super Moderator
1,182 Posts
So, by extrapolation, are you saying that no salesman ever lies?
No, that is not what I said. In fact I actually say " If a salesman lies, he'll only have that customer once " not that none have us have ever lied. I have made mistakes, generally down to either misinterpreting the customers question, or believing the information I was given was true, when it wasn't. I've even called customers after a meeting to correct myself when I have had further information.

You are tarring a lot of people with a very wide brush.

Some customers lie, this is true. They say they can get it for a better price from Joe Bloggs but I know they can't. They say they will pay in 14 days when they have no intention of doing that at all. They say they want it to do one thing, when in fact, they need it to do something else (but that may just be down to them not knowing what they are doing...)

·
Super Moderator
1,182 Posts
Nothing out of order about it at all - it happens regularly although I find the majority (>50%) of salesmen honest. I do not believe it was Dragonfly's intent to label all salesmen as dishonest. On many an occasion I've been fed inaccurate or deliberately misleading BS from salesmen and I've gone to the manufacturers website to prove them wrong on the spot which has little impact. A lot of salesmen do not seem to care about having a customer only once, they seem more driven to make a single sale and the commission at the month end. Some of the larger dealers also have quite a high turnover in staff so from a customer retention perspective those mobile guys are less likely to look four years into the future than say a long term sales manager or dealership principal.
High turnover of staff is usually down to poor management. When I have taken on new staff and realised that they're not going to work out, I consider that I have failed. I should have realised before offering the job.

Many sales people get poor product training, this in itself leads to dissatisfaction all round, customer, sales person and management. Some people are just not cut out for the job, I'd make a terrible bricklayer, or painter & decorator, I'm just useless at stuff like that.

BS is generally used by rookie salespeople to fill in gaps in product knowledge; too embarrassed to admit they don't know something so either make it up, or hazard a guess. Rookie salespeople shouldn't have to deal with customers on their own....

·
Super Moderator
7,264 Posts
Am amazed at a range of 65 miles; I am driving like a loon-and getting an indicated 91-94 miles. This am as you know I drove more sensibly (!!!) and the temp has gone up and am on 101 est miles already-yes I need a halo. Are your tyres at the correct pressure and you quite sure the handbrake hasn't seized-could be a fault at that sort of range perhaps?

·
Registered
2020 Mini Electric Cooper S - Level 2 - White Silver / Energetic Yellow
310 Posts
High turnover of staff is usually down to poor management. When I have taken on new staff and realised that they're not going to work out, I consider that I have failed. I should have realised before offering the job.

Many sales people get poor product training, this in itself leads to dissatisfaction all round, customer, sales person and management. Some people are just not cut out for the job, I'd make a terrible bricklayer, or painter & decorator, I'm just useless at stuff like that.

BS is generally used by rookie salespeople to fill in gaps in product knowledge; too embarrassed to admit they don't know something so either make it up, or hazard a guess. Rookie salespeople shouldn't have to deal with customers on their own....
I agree but sometimes just some simple homework by the salesperson would reduce basic mistakes. I have the feeling that some have not even read the brochure sometimes. I don’t expect them to know everything, but at least know to where to check and then give the info. For example my dealer really was in the dark regarding chargers. He told me that the Mini branded charger could not be used with other cars, which I don’t believe is true.

·
Registered
342 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,264 Posts
Swmbo just managed 5star efficiency and circa 4miles per kW. Average over 100miles was just over three but I'd driven it!!! Contrast that i usually get 1 star have had a half and average, 2mpkw. Oops front tyres!!!!

·
Registered
2019 JCW Hatch
82 Posts
Swmbo just managed 5star efficiency and circa 4miles per kW. Average over 100miles was just over three but I'd driven it!!! Contrast that i usually get 1 star have had a half and average, 2mpkw. Oops front tyres!!!!
Are you planning to swap front and rear to even out the wear, or just drive until the front are finished?

·
Super Moderator
7,264 Posts
We have winter wheel and tyre set so I always mark on them with chalk and rotate front to back every end of March, early April and end October so wear is perfectly even. Will have one big bill when they go!!!! Gulp.
Coming from the f54jcw all4 I do notice the car feels much more like our Roadster s. ie a fair bit of torque steer on this set of winter Pirellis, and some scrabble if you are a bit mmmm like me. Roundabouts are a hoot. Had a real drift moment when seeing off a 5series BMW who thought he could undertake me on a dual carriageway roundabout. No chance. What has happened to me. I drove our JCW more sedately than this . I am actually not missing my motorbikes it's that good.

Needless to say after 25k miles on the two sets on our Roadster S swmbo's daily drive, we still have 4.5mm!

·
Registered
201 Posts
We have winter wheel and tyre set so I always mark on them with chalk and rotate front to back every end of March, early April and end October so wear is perfectly even. Will have one big bill when they go!!!! Gulp.
Coming from the f54jcw all4 I do notice the car feels much more like our Roadster s. ie a fair bit of torque steer on this set of winter Pirellis, and some scrabble if you are a bit mmmm like me. Roundabouts are a hoot. Had a real drift moment when seeing off a 5series BMW who thought he could undertake me on a dual carriageway roundabout. No chance. What has happened to me. I drove our JCW more sedately than this . I am actually not missing my motorbikes it's that good.

Needless to say after 25k miles on the two sets on our Roadster S swmbo's daily drive, we still have 4.5mm!
It will soon be time for the winters to go back in the garage! :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

·
Super Moderator
7,264 Posts
And me. Even late March dep on forecast. Not being lulled by this nice weather.
Goid news any way. Swmbo has been out in the ev. She got 5/5efficiency and 4.6kw/m so tomorrow I'll look Good with a higher predicted range. To put it into perspective I managed 1.7lowest and 2.9best!!!oh dear.

101 - 120 of 121 Posts