Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,747 Posts
We get 34mpg from out auto clubby jcw and 38 on a good motorway run. Expect the hatch to be better .2wd so lighter.

·
Registered
903 Posts
280 miles with spirited driving, 390 miles on a long drive using cruise control. For a whole tank - Lowest 28.2 mpg, Highest 41.8 mpg, Average 36.05 mpg. 2018 JCW Auto.

·
Registered
6 Posts
2019 jcw always in sports mode on engine and gear box, I have found very little difference between mpg driving green normal or sport. May vary by about 2 mpg, but you will nearly die in green mode if pulling out onto a busy roundabout as it just doesn’t pick up and go.... anyway....Most of my miles are motorway so get avg 41 mpg travelling at 75 on cruise control. In town it drops to about 28- 30 mpg, but boy is it a fun car to drive, first mini and now each journey makes me smile, dont worry about the mpg just think of the fun on roundabouts and minor roads...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Car averages 35mpg with plenty of A and B road blasts as well as the daily commute.

A good motorway run will return 45mpg.

Consumption figures have improved since since the remap last year.

·
Super Moderator
6,747 Posts
Trouble with sport auto is it never goes into top .other than that I agree. I pop it up via the paddles if I'm a line of traffic!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Usually around 400 miles. Most of my driving is motorway, sat at 65-70 with the cruise control on and Eco mode. If I do go mad and let the Bluespark loose in Sport mode, it's more like 300.
This is of course pre-lockdown. At the moment, I'm still using a tank of fuel that was put in in February!

·
Registered
903 Posts
On my 8 speed auto, I get better mpg on a long run with cruise control in standard mode than green mode. Doesn't make sense!

·
Registered
357 Posts
I too have hit over 60mpg in my 65 plate JCW on long runs from Plymouth to Liverpool and back.
I have now had it remapped and on my day to day driving I get roughly 280-300 miles to a full tank, where before I was getting around 300-330 miles.
I don’t tend to use the mpg computer on the car so it hasn’t been reset in years, but a long term reading has levelled at 31mpg.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts