Mini Cooper Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Have a read through this thread. Looks like the transmission without paddles doesn’t have launch control. Also...it seems there is a limit to how many times you can use launch control which would suggest to me that it’s not really good for the car. :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Have a read through this thread. Looks like the transmission without paddles doesn’t have launch control. Also...it seems there is a limit to how many times you can use launch control which would suggest to me that it’s not really good for the car. :)

Wonder what happens if all 100 times of launch control were used. Will the car just not do any launch control or if it will show "max tries reached"...?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Requirements
Launch Control is available when the engine is warmed up, that is, after uninterrupted driving of at least 6 miles/10 km.

Start with launch control
While the engine is running:
1. Press button and select SPORT with the MINI Driving Modes switch.
The instrument cluster displays TRACTION in combination with SPORT. The DSC OFF indicator light lights up.
2. Engage selector lever position S.
3. With the left foot, forcefully press down on
the brake.
4. Step on the accelerator pedal beyond the resistance point at the full throttle position, kickdown.
A flag symbol is displayed in the instrument cluster.
5. The starting engine speed adjusts. Within 3 seconds, release the brake.

After Launch Control was used, the transmis‐ sion must cool down for approx. 5 minutes, be‐ fore Launch Control can be used again.

·
Registered
641 Posts
The questions is...without the Launch control...the 0-100km/h is sensibly slower?
Neutral, push the brake, put D in sport...release the brake and gas! The Launch procedure reminds me Jeremy Clarkson in TopGear
during his unsuccessful attempts with the various McLaren, Ferrari, Mercedes...

·
Super Moderator
6,784 Posts
Never tried using Launch Control on mine. Is just a gimmick.
Totally agree; simply place foot on brake, with a warm engine, place car in sport mode on the panel, and move the lever across to sport auto, a few revs, release at the same time as flooring said accelerator-bracing neck muscles at the same time, and simply fly-good enough for me! Just instant smile!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Requirements
Launch Control is available when the engine is warmed up, that is, after uninterrupted driving of at least 6 miles/10 km.

Start with launch control
While the engine is running:
1. Press button and select SPORT with the MINI Driving Modes switch.
The instrument cluster displays TRACTION in combination with SPORT. The DSC OFF indicator light lights up.
2. Engage selector lever position S.
3. With the left foot, forcefully press down on
the brake.
4. Step on the accelerator pedal beyond the resistance point at the full throttle position, kickdown.
A flag symbol is displayed in the instrument cluster.
5. The starting engine speed adjusts. Within 3 seconds, release the brake.

After Launch Control was used, the transmis‐ sion must cool down for approx. 5 minutes, be‐ fore Launch Control can be used again.
My vehicle doesn't seem to have it, as there is no flag and I have seen multiple videos on how to do it and my car is was warmed up and ready. Prior to trying LC, I drove at least 16 miles on a highway. No big deal I guess

41 - 50 of 50 Posts