Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered new Mini Cooper 5 door and due to holidays I could only collect mid July, I've decided to wait for 1st Sept collection. Probably one of the first awaiting the 65 plate! Anyone else?

Spec
White Silver Metallic / Black Roof / Caps
Chili pack / Visual boost radio
16" Victory Alloys - Black
Folding mirrors
Heated seats
Extended Bluetooth (for armrest)
Parking sensors
Chrome Line Exterior
Piano Black Interior Trim
Spare wheel

I think I will die waiting until September, but given it's around my birthday I will tell myself it's my birthday present!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Welcome to the "waiting club"!

Reactions: Starfish8

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just ordered new Mini Cooper 5 door and due to holidays I could only collect mid July, I've decided to wait for 1st Sept collection. Probably one of the first awaiting the 65 plate! Anyone else?

Spec
White Silver Metallic / Black Roof / Caps
Chili pack / Visual boost radio
16" Victory Alloys - Black
Folding mirrors
Heated seats
Extended Bluetooth (for armrest)
Parking sensors
Chrome Line Exterior
Piano Black Interior Trim
Spare wheel

I think I will die waiting until September, but given it's around my birthday I will tell myself it's my birthday present!
I haven't ordered mine yet but I hope to have it for my birthday in August!
I'm curious did you get any kind of discount?

Cheers

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got a decent discount, over £1k and a good part ex price. Lots of haggling on that to keep the price up as it will drop value between now and Sept. Also got a free trike thrown in for my son.

I'd really recommend going to at least two rival dealers and play them off each other once you have the quotes. I eventually settled on doing a deal with the dealer that was more knowledgeable and gave a great test drive, but only by pushing him to better the rival deal I'd got.

·
Registered
50 Posts

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
I am surprised how many People order the Mini from the Factory and wait.:eek: I guess I must not be too picky about Specs I like to drive my new Car of the Lot after I signed on the dotted Line.;)

Bummer bare Bone Mini Owners will not get an invite to the Secret Club.:(

·
Registered
505 Posts
For me, it all came down to the fact that, for the very first time ever in my life, I could have exactly the car I wanted with all the toys I wanted and could afford, while deleting things I didn't want (and/or couldn't afford). The ability to do my own cost/benefit tradeoffs was key to wringing the absolute last drop of car out of every dollar.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Agreed Tiger! Nearly new Minis are expensive and I don't think I wanted to sacrifice any of the options I wanted....That's Mini's marketing ploy!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts