Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I've just got back from a week's driving / photography holiday on the Outer Hebridies - 1,200 miles across 17 inhabited islands and another few uninhabited islets.

What have I learned. Firstly the petrol Cooper is an efficient car - 53.7mpg and that's with some spirited driving a huge amount of stop start and long motorway runs at start and end of the trip. Secondly - there's a lot of space! Yes I was by myself but the boot is a good shape and takes a lot of stuff - no complaints about space to put things. But it's still a small car which on some very small roads was definitely a good thing.
Third - frameless doors make the car. When you drive with windows down a lot there is something classy about just opening the door - and makes getting in/out of small parking spaces easy!

Anyway, some photos for your appreciation

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
50+mpg is in to Diesel territory, not something that I'm likely to see from my car, but very impressive for a petrol engine none the less. I am also constantly amazed by just how much space there is a Mini, I frequently get out of the car, look at the outside and think "What the ....., How come there is so much space inside?"

I agree with your comments about the doors too, adds style to the car and makes access much easier.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I'm impressed you've averaged 50+mpg, looks like a good trip too! I have been experimenting with my Cooper SD, driving as economically as I can whilst looking ahead and gauging traffic rather than my usual BMW driver style - the result is quite good, I'll share it once I've used the fuel in the tank so I get a real representation of the average MPG.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My JCW was in at Sycamore Peterborough to have a minor (pre-existing) scratch touched in and the Sales guy (Darren) lent me his SD while it was done and even as a fleet model it had averaged 50mpg over nearly 600 miles - I was impressed with the the power delivery from the oil burner, you could drive it reasonably spiritedly and still get great mpg.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.