Mini Cooper Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Ok...I've fixed it. @Parky14 mentioned filters, and I could see the "Change my filters" option at the bottom of the screen, but once I hit "ok" on the error message, that option would disappear.

Instead of tapping on the "Charging filter", I typed "Charging" into the search field. This showed me some chargers in the area. Once I tapped on one I was able to view more information about it, and at the bottom of the list was the option to "Change my filters". I tapped on that and it took me to a screen where I could reset the charging filters. After resetting the filters, it now works as it should.

·
Premium Member
2020 Mini Electric Cooper S - Level 2 - White Silver / Energetic Yellow
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Ok...I've fixed it. @Parky14 mentioned filters, and I could see the "Change my filters" option at the bottom of the screen, but once I hit "ok" on the error message, that option would disappear.

Instead of tapping on the "Charging filter", I typed "Charging" into the search field. This showed me some chargers in the area. Once I tapped on one I was able to view more information about it, and at the bottom of the list was the option to "Change my filters". I tapped on that and it took me to a screen where I could reset the charging filters. After resetting the filters, it now works as it should.
Excellent!

·
Registered
777 Posts
I've just noticed that my last 2 charging sessions (Monday night and last night) aren't showing in the charging history of the app. I didn't notice at the time but I also see that I didn't get charging started/ended notifications. Remote services are still working, albeit seemingly a little more slowly than usual, and I can still see the live charging status when plugged in.

Is the charging history stored on MINI's servers or does the app just log the sessions based on start/end notifications?

I'm just wondering if anyone else has ever had this issue.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I think it is on the server as I deleted the app once and reinstalled and all my data was still there.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Thanks @Parky14...that's good to know. I'll plug in again later and see what happens......the car's charging fine so I don't think its anything too seious but I'll give MINI Connected a call if it doesn't log the next one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same here. Yesterday’s charge has not appeared in the charge history. It’s only my third ever charge but the difference for this one was I stayed with the car and I noticed the phone was connected to the car via Bluetooth. Whereas I was out and about for the others so they must have been being updated via the mobile network and the mini app servers. For all three I was looking at the charging state just for the novelty of it so the app itself knew it was charging. I did wonder if maybe the data may have gone to the app via Bluetooth and not via mobile/ app servers and so meant the data wasn’t recorded but who knows!

·
Registered
777 Posts
I called MINI Connected earlier. They sent an update to the car and asked me to use the "Update MINI Services" option in the Connected menu of the iDrive, then give it a few hours. I ran the update around 15:00 and then plugged in around 19:30. I've just unplugged it at 100% and the charging session has immediately shown up in the app, so it looks like whatever they did has fixed the issue.

The notification for the start of the charge arrived around an hour after I plugged in, and I've yet receive the charge finished notification, so they seem to be running a little slow, but at least it's logging the charging sessions again now.

I'm always within Bluetooth range of the car when it's charging and, apart from those 2 charges, I've never had an issue.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
The charge data is not passed to your phone via Bluetooth. It is transferred via the SIM card 4G connection in the car to the Mini servers and is then passed to your app over the internet using the mobile network or WiFi depending on how you phone is connected to the internet. Although you may be in Bluetooth range of your car, once you turn the car off the Bluetooth connection is made inactive. Bluetooth is only active between car and phone when the car is in ready mode.

You can easily validate this by checking your phone once you are out of the car, if you check your Bluetooth connections it will not be active. This is the way it works as when you use public chargers you usually don’t stay within Bluetooth range but you still have access to the data from the car.

I charged the car twice today and both charges have appeared in the charging history in the app.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts