Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to connect to the new Mini app but it says my car is not supported.

It‘s only a 69 plate so not really old. Is this too old for the App?

Or is the App just for electric Minis?

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Your car is of the right age, it works with my 68 plate. It is not just for MINI Electric. I assume you are using the new MINI app and not the old MINI Connected one?

Also, is your car specified with MINI Connected?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi pilotwoo,

Yes I’m using the new App. I don’t know if I have MINI Connected - sorry for my stupidity - I do know I didn’t select it as an option though, if it is one. Do I need that for the App to work?

For reference the App, upon entering my VIN, tells me to speak to my dealer for assistsnce, just thought I’d ask here instead/first because of Covid etc!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Pop your VIN in the form on this site;

You are looking for MINI Connected as an option installed on your car.

·
Registered
2020 Mini Cooper S Sport Auto
170 Posts
I have the same error message and I have Mini Connected as a spec. Not bothered me so far as I’m not going anywhere really but I’ll try and get it sorted over the next few weeks. I’ll let you know how I get on. Might email my dealer.

edit -there’s an 0800 number to call on the app. Will try that first.

·
Registered
67 Posts
2020 made here with 6NM-Mini Connected option and the app says that car is not supported. 😡 MINI has messed up this connected thing.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

No MINI Connected.:confused:

Great site though. Very cool - didn’t know that existed!

·
Registered
2016 F56 JCW
49 Posts

I've a 66 plate, Mini Connected is listed in the specs. The app still says my vehicle isn't supported. The old app worked.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The new app only works with cars built after March 2018 according to the info
I think that is related to having a Cellular Radio built into your MINI. That's how the (new) app connects to your MINI.

Think of it, remote unlock would be useless if you had to have your phone, with the app, to be directly plugged into the USB cable inside your MINI for it to work. :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've got a 65 plate MCS with connected option but which app do I need as I can only find the mini app not mini connected app on play store? i'm on android if that makes a difference

·
Registered
10 Posts
MINI seems to have changed the title for the app in the Google Play Store. While it says simply MINI now, if you read thru the webpage, it still refers to itself as MINI Connect.

You may, or may not, need to (be able to) log in. To log in, and make use of newer features, you need a 2019 or newer MINI. If yours is older, then you can't really log in, but the app can still share info like your Google Calendar, thru a USB cable plugged into your entertainment system (for me, it is at the very bottom of the dash's center stack).

From the MINI website:

And starting with Model Year 2019 vehicles, MINI Connected is significantly expanded with a suite of new features, such as emergency calling, remote door unlock, and send-to-car functionality, all thanks to the first-ever embedded cellular telematics system for MINI vehicles in the US.
MINI - Apps on Google Play

·
Registered
371 Posts
It appears that the Mini Connect App will close at the end of June and will be replaced by the Mini App.
The new app does not have some of the functionality of the old app ie the Edrive information for EVs but BMW have been told about this and may or may not update it 🤞

·
Registered
2020 Mini Cooper S Sport Auto
170 Posts
I tried to connect via USB today. It’s either CarPlay or Connected. Why can’t we have a choice of both?
Anyway, connecting via USB didn’t help. Have deleted the car from the garage in the app and will have another go in a bit.
For transparency, I am using the app as per the screenshot below.
Also I think I discussed this in another thread but CarPlay threw a wobble the last time I drove and only gave Bluetooth audio as an option. On driving today it wouldn’t connect to CarPlay so had to reconnect that before starting off.

634CC7EC-1535-4580-9D7E-43501F2EB64E.png

1 - 17 of 17 Posts