Mini Cooper Forum banner

MINI arrives!

9K views 40 replies 11 participants last post by  MintMark 
#1 ·
My MINI isn't due until August, so imagine my surprise when one arrived this morning. Unfortunately it was delivered by the postman and I have to paint it myself, but as it is only 4 inches long it shouldn't take too long. No doubt I will experience delays with the non-body colour roof...

This is the first tangible indication that I am in the ordering system, so I should be grateful for small (very) mercies.

#28 ·
lol! Here's the start - just in case you were interested!! Need to edit, first draft and no changes!

0445: November 11, 1918 – Compiègne.

An unexpected explosion of sound shattered the peaceful tranquillity of Compiègne, the largest forest in the Picardie region, situated 60 kilometres north of Paris.

Birds scattered in shock, escaping a penetrable threat, the surrounding oak and beech trees all but ensuring the explosive sound would be contained within. The birds would remain unsettled and would not return for hours.

Rethondes, a small village on the outskirts of the forest, lay eerily quiet. Its inhabitants seeking refuge behind closed doors and dank cellars, those that had survived the Great War at least, they knew how important the next half hour would be. The world would know; in time.

Chosen for its intimacy, far away from the prying eyes of inquisitive journalists and local residents, Rethondes held its breath.

#36 ·
A lot of people appear to have suffered delays to their petrol models as a direct result of the diesel engine problems.

It does seem that they are starting to get their act together, but there are still people suffering delays receiving their cars.

The cars in the backlog don't seem to be coming out in any semblance of order. Some people have been waiting for months, with no end in sight.

Someone at the factory needs to take charge and show some leadership and sort the mess out!

Reactions: MintMark
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.