Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since purchasing my F56 Cooper D in March it has been back to the dealership over fifteen times now, with a total of 8 faults. It is booked in on 15th September for a entire new drivers door card because of a badly squeaking armrest.

MINI are now working on buying the car back off me because I refuse to pay for it any longer, it's been ongoing for four weeks now so we'll see where I get with it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Sorry to hear that mate, are you getting your full money back or ...?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Since purchasing my F56 Cooper D in March it has been back to the dealership over fifteen times now, with a total of 8 faults. It is booked in on 15th September for a entire new drivers door card because of a badly squeaking armrest.

MINI are now working on buying the car back off me because I refuse to pay for it any longer, it's been ongoing for four weeks now so we'll see where I get with it.
Sorry to hear that. I feel your pain.

I have just rejected my Mini Cooper Coupe (10 weeks old) , due to having a new air con unit, new battery, new CPU and something is wrong with the rubbing brakes at the moment. I must say that my Mini dealership have really pulled the stops out to get a 'satisfactory outcome for me'. Not for them but me.

The long and short of it I have ordered a new Mini F56 now as a replacement. Fully loaded with stuff i don't really need or wanted but they have waived the difference in cost (about £5k) all in all and are taking the Coupe back.

Things I have found out by this process:

- You MUST allow them to repair the car, replace the car or refund the car.
- Luckily I paid cash for my car - if you are on finance the finance company must reject the car - you cannot as you do not own it.
- It is the sole responsibility of the dealer to get the car sorted for you. Mini do not get involved as the dealer brought the cars from them (stock cars)
- NEVER buy a stock car - get a factory one made. Mine was sat around since Feb - June.
- Record and document EVERYTHING - i had pages of telephone conversations, emails and outcomes. All in good stead for you if you need to take to court.
- Everything has to be formal in letters.
- Log a call to trading standards - they advise you through the whole process.
- Cars over 6 months old it is harder to reject.
- If you cannot afford legal support (hopefully won't come to that) you can contact media channels whom will act on your behalf. (whatcar.com, motoring magazines)
- Stay calm, be honest and tell them from the outset what you want.
- Stick your guns.

Hope it all sorts out mate.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry to hear that. I feel your pain.

I have just rejected my Mini Cooper Coupe (10 weeks old) , due to having a new air con unit, new battery, new CPU and something is wrong with the rubbing brakes at the moment. I must say that my Mini dealership have really pulled the stops out to get a 'satisfactory outcome for me'. Not for them but me.

The long and short of it I have ordered a new Mini F56 now as a replacement. Fully loaded with stuff i don't really need or wanted but they have waived the difference in cost (about £5k) all in all and are taking the Coupe back.

Things I have found out by this process:

- You MUST allow them to repair the car, replace the car or refund the car.
- Luckily I paid cash for my car - if you are on finance the finance company must reject the car - you cannot as you do not own it.
- It is the sole responsibility of the dealer to get the car sorted for you. Mini do not get involved as the dealer brought the cars from them (stock cars)
- NEVER buy a stock car - get a factory one made. Mine was sat around since Feb - June.
- Record and document EVERYTHING - i had pages of telephone conversations, emails and outcomes. All in good stead for you if you need to take to court.
- Everything has to be formal in letters.
- Log a call to trading standards - they advise you through the whole process.
- Cars over 6 months old it is harder to reject.
- If you cannot afford legal support (hopefully won't come to that) you can contact media channels whom will act on your behalf. (whatcar.com, motoring magazines)
- Stay calm, be honest and tell them from the outset what you want.
- Stick your guns.

Hope it all sorts out mate.
Good advice, thank you. I have stuck to my guns. Ended up putting a deposit down on an A-Class which I'm now waiting for my refund because they point blank refused to buy it back, but I'm awaiting more information regarding a like-for-like replacement or even something else within their range. BUT yes I totally agree, my car was sat there from Dec 2014 when registered and purchased by myself March 27th so I would highly recommend not getting one that's been sat.

I've emails and correspondence in written form should I need to use it, however they are doing everything they can as I even had to ask for them to write me an email making bullshit up so I could get my deposit back from Mercedes.... BUT all in all they are doing the best they can - at the end of the day they want your custom and for you to be satisfied so I can't fault them for that, it's just an endless and growing list of faults. Feels like one every few weeks now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi can you tell me what the other faults where and the cure, I have the same car and getting a loud noise from rear of exhaust thanks

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
So SORRY for you hope mini sort it for you quickly as you've not had a good time.good luck.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Sorry to hear that you had so many problems with your Mini. I hope it will come all to a good end for your. I wonder what is up with the Mini Quality Control. I mean would you not see the problems the car had when it rolled off the Line?

·
Registered
95 Posts
"- NEVER buy a stock car - get a factory one made. Mine was sat around since Feb - June."

Mine was made December 2014, I bought it off the lot in May 2015. I assume it sat out there a while, and aside from being a bit dirty and having a low battery it has been almost flawless. They replaced the door handle for the keycap issue without a peep, and that has been the only fault I have found.

·
Registered
506 Posts
"- NEVER buy a stock car - get a factory one made. Mine was sat around since Feb - June."

Mine was made December 2014, I bought it off the lot in May 2015. I assume it sat out there a while, and aside from being a bit dirty and having a low battery it has been almost flawless. They replaced the door handle for the keycap issue without a peep, and that has been the only fault I have found.
+1 on that.

I have always had new stock cars as I am quite impatient. I had bought a November built MINI Cooper in March and within 10 days of owning it needed a new steering rack. I simpilly rejected it and MINI UK gave me a brand new MINI (of course factory built).

i really don't think it makes any difference if you are factory ordering or picking up one of the UK stock car.

Good Luck OP..

S

·
Registered
122 Posts
Similar story with mine, and I got it factory built. More trouble to come with recalls on the diesel. I settled for an extra year warranty, but should have rejected earlier. Really this is the worst and best car I've ever had; is just unfortunate it's like owning a Renault again.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
+1 on that.

I have always had new stock cars as I am quite impatient. I had bought a November built MINI Cooper in March and within 10 days of owning it needed a new steering rack. I simpilly rejected it and MINI UK gave me a brand new MINI (of course factory built).

i really don't think it makes any difference if you are factory ordering or picking up one of the UK stock car.

Good Luck OP..

S
See I tried to reject it three days after purchase as it needed a new gearbox but they wouldn't let me. :crying:

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi there,

Have you heard anything back from them yet?

S
Not yet, it has been ongoing now for over a month. My car is booked in on Friday for their second attempt at fixing my driver's door grab/arm rest handle thing - my colleague's father works for Citizen's Advice so I'm going to speak to him and get some advice regarding this issue and mention it to them on Tuesday to see if it moves it forward any quicker.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Not yet, it has been ongoing now for over a month. My car is booked in on Friday for their second attempt at fixing my driver's door grab/arm rest handle thing - my colleague's father works for Citizen's Advice so I'm going to speak to him and get some advice regarding this issue and mention it to them on Tuesday to see if it moves it forward any quicker.
Good lick and keep us posted..

·
Registered
122 Posts
When i was going through this, I communicated by email to get a paper trail. I started to get somewhere when I cc'd mini customer services

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
When i was going through this, I communicated by email to get a paper trail. I started to get somewhere when I cc'd mini customer services
My dealership rang an hour ago and said MINI are not willing to swap my car at this stage as all of the faults are rectifiable under warranty. They said they'll pay one month of my finance for my inconvenience, I said I'd get back to them because I feel like that is just a cop out - what do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think that the real problem is that mini don't have to do anything, it's all down to the dealer
Yes that's what I'm beginning to think. I've forwarded the correspondence to Quality Standards and Customer Service at MINI so see if they know anything about this offer, if not then I know they're messing me about.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts