Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I am buying a mini! The copper SD 2018 (67 reg), but it doesn’t have a touch screen or a screen for that matter.

Wheel Speedometer Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

From what I’ve read…

I’d need an NBT - Evo ID5/ID6 head unit, and the 8.8” screen and the CarPlay kit? Is this correct?

I’m also going to do the reversing camera at the same time.

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
Clubman F54 JCW LCI 306HP & Clubman F54 SD 190HP
552 Posts
I can source you all required parts new. Send me a pm. But to be honest. Why buying a car this basic?!? You are missing so much wiring and options… most SD models are fully packed and with recent environmental issues getting very very cheap. I suggest looking for one with HUD, big screen navi, HK audio etc and then maybe swap the unit to an id6. The swap will be soo much easier and all wiring will be just plug and play

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There’s only 4 on sale with low mileage in the UK, I can’t seem to find one fully loaded. I could hold fire for a little longer. I’m after the cooper SD since I’m doing a lot of miles and it has to be the auto.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello, can someone tell me what unit I have: my vin is TK54252, it is from 2018, it has wifi, gps, and a 6.5 touch screen, I recently installed Chinese carplay and it works perfectly on full screen, but I would like to know what unit I have, Thanks.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Hello, can someone tell me what unit I have: my vin is TK54252, it is from 2018, it has wifi, gps, and a 6.5 touch screen, I recently installed Chinese carplay and it works perfectly on full screen, but I would like to know what unit I have, Thanks.
Hi. You have an entrynav2 headunit. Just fyi, you could have added CarPlay without using a CarPlay box (or MMI), but you would have needed a firmware update for full screen CarPlay.

·
Registered
214 Posts
You also can have updated UI :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts