Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Mini Electric Cooper S - Level 2 - White Silver / Energetic Yellow
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if you are all aware of this service. It appears new to me, seems to offer a card that you can use for various charging suppliers at no cost for the card, you just pay for the charge on a monthly bill. You can add Ionity and BP Pulse membership to the same card as well which can be useful.

There is also a Mini Charging app.

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot to mention, if you bought your Electric Mini after 1st April 2021 you get the BP Pulse membership free for 12 months (saving £7.85 a month)

·
Registered
Mini Cooper SE
275 Posts
I forgot to mention, if you bought your Electric Mini after 1st April 2021 you get the BP Pulse membership free for 12 months (saving £7.85 a month)
I'm still a bit uncertain why we need so many apps etc to use chargers. Some commonality wouldn't go a miss, but I had a quick look and thought I'd give it a go. Although I can't see me wanting to spend 69p/kWh at an Ionity charger I like the idea of at least reducing the hassle as far as possible. Anyway, it does clearly say that if you purchased a mini after 1st April 2021 you get the BP Pulse free for a year. I purchased mine last December and it still appears to have given me a voucher for 12 months of BP Pulse membership. If it works and is accepted, happy days. If not, at least I have the card! Hopefully not one of many!!

·
Registered
Mini Cooper SE
275 Posts
I should add that I hadn't seen this before either and I was only looking on the mini website recently.

·
Registered
Mini Cooper SE
275 Posts
Quick update. If I'm looking at it correctly it appears to have all gone through and the BP Pulse is active for 12 months at no cost :) :)
Just have to wait for the card to arrive.

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quick update. If I'm looking at it correctly it appears to have all gone through and the BP Pulse is active for 12 months at no cost :) :)
Just have to wait for the card to arrive.
You may be looking at it incorrectly. You will have the Flex tariff for free. You need to add the BP Pulse or Ionity on as extras. The base Flex tariff is free for everyone. What does it say in the Contract Info area of the app…

·
Registered
Mini Cooper SE
275 Posts
This is what it's come up with. It suggests that it's active.

I haven't looked yet to see how it can link my current BP Pulse account.

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is what it's come up with. It suggests that it's active.

View attachment 73167

I haven't looked yet to see how it can link my current BP Pulse account.
It does look like they have applied a free BP Pulse voucher to your account. Lucky you. It did not happen with mine 😞

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had a trip to Lytham St Anne’s today.
Range displayed at 100% at start was 114 miles. When I arrived in Lytham (at the Polar chargers) I had covered 52 miles and still had 79 miles of range left, meaning I had a range of 131 miles so far. I had travelled there in Green mode with Air Con off, I limited my speed to a max of 65mph.
There are six 7kw Polar chargers in Lytham all together on the sea front. They are 18p per kw and can be used with the Mini Charging Card. I parked up and tried the card, “Card Invalivd”, not a good start, the app would not work either. So I tried the card on a different charge post, it worked. So I quickly moved the car and got a successful 10kw charge as I had a nice walk around Lytham with the dog. I charged up to 98% in 1hr 37mins and then came home. On the way home I stayed in Mid mode, Air Con on and no limit to my speed. I got home with 56 miles range (51%).

·
Registered
413 Posts
Are Polar and BP Pulse now combined into one company or are they still separate?
Mini used to promote Polar but now it seems to be BP.

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Are Polar and BP Pulse now combined into one company or are they still separate?
Mini used to promote Polar but now it seems to be BP.
Same company

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Used my card tonight for the first time at a BP fast charger. Scanned the card, plugged in and away it went!
Has the cost for the charge appeared in the app for you yet?
I charged over 24 hours ago but nothing is showing yet...

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It took quite a few days for it to appear.
Ok thanks, nothing appeared yet for me…
I’m just curious how much I actually used, as the car only gives an approximate figure.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Ok thanks, nothing appeared yet for me…
I’m just curious how much I actually used, as the car only gives an approximate figure.
My guess is it takes a while as it's a new account and the first transaction. I expect subsequent ones will appear much quicker.
It's very comprehensive and gives the time, location, date, price, kHw and length of time plugged in.

·
Registered
Mini Cooper SE
275 Posts
Finally got to use the card today on a local BP Pulse 7kWh charger. Free to use but needed the card to start and stop the charge. Will be using it again tomorrow on a couple of CCS chargers.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts