Mini Cooper Forum banner

41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
Mini Cooper SE
275 Posts
@Parky14 you’re not alone. I haven’t had anything appear yet and I first used it at the end of April. Ironically I had an email this morning indicating a price rise from the 10th June!!

·
Premium Member
2020 Mini Electric Cooper S - Level 2 - White Silver / Energetic Yellow
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
@Parky14 you’re not alone. I haven’t had anything appear yet and I first used it at the end of April. Ironically I had an email this morning indicating a price rise from the 10th June!!
I had the email as well. If only they were as good at customer service as they are at putting up prices.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Not had the e mail about price increases yet. Was it the monthly subscription going up or the cost per kHw for charging?
I've still not been billed for my one off use on 19th April so that blows my theory about the end of the month out of the water!
I may be going past the same charger this afternoon so I'll give probably give it a go!

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Not had the e mail about price increases yet. Was it the monthly subscription going up or the cost per kHw for charging?
I've still not been billed for my one off use on 19th April so that blows my theory about the end of the month out of the water!
I may be going past the same charger this afternoon so I'll give probably give it a go!

·
Registered
413 Posts
That's a big increase on the 50kHw price over 50% form 15p to 23p! That's now in line with Pod Points 50kHw price.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Called at my nearest BP Pulse charger, 6 miles away on my way home for a top up.
Yes you've guessed it, not working! There was a guy there with an i3 on the phone to them but after 10 minutes I gave up and came home!
There's only 7 chargers within a 10 mile radius of me and I've had 3 faulty ones in 3 months!
Not a great advert for electric cars is it :(

·
Registered
Mini Cooper SE
275 Posts
BP appear to have some grand plans about putting chargers in their forecourts and new all electric forecourts but sadly they don’t seem to be able to support what they have already. There are four new 150kw chargers in each their M4 Reading services forecourts and they have had the covers on since being installed last year. At least Gridserve/Ecotricity have put a target for charger replacement and seem to be working hard to meet it.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Just had a look at chargers on the Mini Charging App and all the chargers are showing ?/1, ?/4 etc. so it looks like there is a major problem with the app or they are all in use!

·
Registered
413 Posts
BP appear to have some grand plans about putting chargers in their forecourts and new all electric forecourts but sadly they don’t seem to be able to support what they have already. There are four new 150kw chargers in each their M4 Reading services forecourts and they have had the covers on since being installed last year. At least Gridserve/Ecotricity have put a target for charger replacement and seem to be working hard to meet it.
Have you any experience of chargers at Shell stations?

·
Registered
Mini Cooper SE
275 Posts
Unfortunately there are none in the local area. I downloaded the app (yet another one!) and there are a couple that I can use if I eventually take the mini over to St Albans. Sadly most seem to be around the London area but similar to BP they are starting to add them in to forecourts.

·
Registered
Mini Cooper SE
275 Posts
Just had a look at chargers on the Mini Charging App and all the chargers are showing ?/1, ?/4 etc. so it looks like there is a major problem with the app or they are all in use!
It would appear that all the BP Pulse chargers show a ? against them. Other operators seem fine.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
There must be an issue with BP Pulse and the Mini Charging app as there are loads of chargers missing from the map where I know they exist. For example the ones at the Mini dealer and the 60 that are in the Warrington car park. They show up on the BP Pulse app, but not the Mini Charging app. I have checked that I have no filters active, they are simply missing.

·
Registered
2020 Cooper SE (Level 2)
60 Posts
A Shell station near me has an Alfa Power (small Leeds based company) charging point. However, I do wonder about the viability of charging points on petrol station forecourts in general. This particular one is on the edge of an industrial state some distance away from shops, cafés and the like so what do you do while the car is charging? I imagine the charger is mainly used by people working on the industrial estate.

Alan

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Another email from BP Pulse today, just shows how inept they are, they say:

“Yesterday, we sent you a note about our changing tariffs from the 10th of June 2021. Please see below a correction of the tariffs that were released for Registered and Contactless/Guest users.”

·
Registered
413 Posts
Another email from BP Pulse today, just shows how inept they are, they say:

“Yesterday, we sent you a note about our changing tariffs from the 10th of June 2021. Please see below a correction of the tariffs that were released for Registered and Contactless/Guest users.”

View attachment 74060
Unbelievable, what a bunch of idiots! I've still not had the e mail!

·
Registered
413 Posts
The farce continues!
I've just got my invoice this morning from the Mini Charging App.
I've used the app once at a BP charger and the app on my phone says it cost £1.78!
l've just been invoiced for £13.82! Ridiculous!

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
OMG!
They need to get this sorted.

·
Registered
Mini Cooper SE
275 Posts
The farce continues!
I've just got my invoice this morning from the Mini Charging App.
I've used the app once at a BP charger and the app on my phone says it cost £1.78!
l've just been invoiced for £13.82! Ridiculous!
Mine was for £12.82. No breakdown just a subtotal.

I had some good expectations for the whole card thing but if this is what Mini & BMW are endorsing it’s quite disappointing ☹. Until they make some changes such as listing usage as this isn’t even showing in the App I wouldn’t be recommending the service.

41 - 60 of 94 Posts