Mini Cooper Forum banner

MINI Clubman and Countryman JCW Could Have 300 HP

12K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  Quentin 
Isn't the 330 a 6 pot ? the x28 variants are 4 cylinder engines, but I thought the x30 range were a straight 6 ?

But what do i know ???

I'd like 300 horses in my 3 door hatch please :)

I think there is a place for a 300bhp 4WD estate the size of the Clubman. There is a Golf R estate, and a Focus ST estate, so the Clubbie could work, especially with Mini fans who have an expanding family.

I know the Clubbie is bigger, but have you seen the engine bay of af a JCW ? No - you can't as there is no space, wedging a 6 pot in there would be ludicrous, and it would need some development too, as it's not currently used in a transverse design. 300bhp from the existing 4 pot is conceivable, but you'd need to have that ZF 8 speed sport auto attached somehow, as the current gearbox wouldn't be able to handle the torque.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's more around 275bhp, which the current auto box could handle, and it would drop into a new GP3 and a face lifted JCW, or even a JCW variant/limited edition.

Ryephile, an interesting point you make, however (in the UK at least) the F55 5 door is not a big seller, in fact, you'd be hard pushed to see one on an everyday drive, unless you went past a dealer. Mini's money is made in the Cooper & Cooper D 3 door variants, they are by far the most popular, followed by the Countryman.

It's a shame the Roadster was pulled, as it offered a proper looking "sports car" 2 seat rag top which I very nearly went for at one point (only to be reminded that I wasn't allowed to have a 2 seat car :( )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.